20 people shot at Batman midnight screening.

Started by katmai, July 20, 2012, 04:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stjaba

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2012, 07:56:03 AM
Interesting how he gave himself up in the parking lot; usually mass shooting goofs don't allow themselves to be captured alive.

Well, in Dark Knight Joker allowed himself to be captured as well.  :ph34r:

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 20, 2012, 05:27:51 AM
EDIT: Watching the video here. The youngest at the Children's hospital is 6. :(

6 year-olds definitely shouldn't be watching midnight screenings.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2012, 08:14:00 AM

Liberal parents. Serves them right.  ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

stjaba

Apparently, there was a 3 month year old there. :hmm:

------

I'm watching the CNN and Fox News coverage. Already, some of the commentators are talking about violent video games and movies and how they probably influenced the shooter.  :wacko:

-----

One last thought: You know some slimy Hollywood execs are pissed because this incident will scare some people from going to showings this weekend and therefore the movie won't set the new record for highest weekend opening gross.

CountDeMoney

This is what happens when a society tolerates a lack of affordable day care.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2012, 08:28:28 AM

Is midnight considered day in Maryland?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2012, 08:31:07 AM

Naturally you would play semantics with such a critical topic.  :mad:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: stjaba on July 20, 2012, 08:25:37 AM

------

I'm watching the CNN and Fox News coverage. Already, some of the commentators are talking about violent video games and movies and how they probably influenced the shooter.  :wacko:

-----

One last thought: You know some slimy Hollywood execs are pissed because this incident will scare some people from going to showings this weekend and therefore the movie won't set the new record for highest weekend opening gross.
Only an asshole would bring a baby to a movie.
PDH!

derspiess

Looks like the assailant was a mall-ninja type, given all the tactical gear he was wearing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2012, 08:36:49 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2012, 08:31:07 AM

Naturally you would play semantics with such a critical topic.  :mad:

I think it is okay for our society not to provide care at midnight so that parents can hang out at a late night movie. :P

jimmy olsen

3 month old baby is the youngest victim, in fair condition. :(

Dude used tear gas. How hard is that to get for civilians.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 20, 2012, 09:21:41 AM
3 month old baby is the youngest victim, in fair condition. :(

Dude used tear gas. How hard is that to get for civilians.

Easy enough for one asshole to get a hold of a canister every now & then.  When I was in college some jerk dropped one in a crowded night club I was in.  People on the first floor panicked and some were trampled.  People on the second floor broke out windows and I think a couple even jumped out.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 20, 2012, 08:50:24 AM
Quote from: stjaba on July 20, 2012, 08:25:37 AM

------

-----

Only an asshole would bring a baby to a movie.

I saw a baby get hit by a foul ball at a Reds game one time.  I wondered who the hell wants to bring a baby to a baseball game, particularly on one of the hotter days in August. 

Kleves

Well, on the bright side, this might make it easier to get in to see TDKR this weekend.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2012, 07:56:03 AM
Interesting how he gave himself up in the parking lot; usually mass shooting goofs don't allow themselves to be captured alive.

Breivik in Norway gave himself up.   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.