And we're back!

Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale

Started by Syt, July 12, 2012, 12:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: PRC on July 14, 2012, 04:22:24 PM
Is Dead Island any good?

I thought it was ok on X-Box, though I didn't play very far.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Civilization bundle is 80% off for the next 10 or so hours:

- Civ3 complete
- Civ4 complete
- Colonization remake
- Civ5 with all DLC (but WITHOUT the expansion)

=> 24.99

Individual items are 75% off.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Man these offers are hard to turn up.  Hurts my wallet. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Also, the complete Theater of War bundle is up for 12 bucks.

Is it any good? :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Quote from: Syt on July 15, 2012, 12:43:25 AM
Also, the complete Theater of War bundle is up for 12 bucks.

Is it any good? :unsure:

Dammit i was gonna ask you.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Did anyone play the new COlonization?  I'm tempted to get it as I love the original.  The screenshots make me a bit leery though.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Oh, and there's the Batman bundle (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Imposters) for 22.49. Too bad I'm not much of a Batman fan.
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 15, 2012, 12:56:14 AM
Did anyone play the new COlonization?  I'm tempted to get it as I love the original.  The screenshots make me a bit leery though.

Everythng i have heard about the new Colonization game has been bad.  Don't get it.

sbr

Quote from: Syt on July 15, 2012, 01:01:09 AM
Oh, and there's the Batman bundle (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Imposters) for 22.49. Too bad I'm not much of a Batman fan.

Arkham City is the one game I wanted going into this thing, but I think I have bought enough other crap that I am going to hold off. 

I highly recommend Arkham Asylum to anyone who hasn't played it.

katmai

It would be a mistake not to get City, has a lot of replay value besides looking great.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Quote from: katmai on July 15, 2012, 01:20:53 AM
It would be a mistake not to get City, has a lot of replay value besides looking great.

I'll get it at some point, but I will probably wait for the Xmas sale and 75% off.  I bought Alan Wake and DX:HR in the last 2 days and have been wanting to install the Chronicles of Riddick game I got a few years ago.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: sbr on July 15, 2012, 01:18:08 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 15, 2012, 12:56:14 AM

Everythng i have heard about the new Colonization game has been bad.  Don't get it.
Thanks. :)  Now to peruse the rest of the sale.  I'm tempted to get Skyrim, though I've never played an Elder Scrolls game outside of a console.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Zanza

Is Civ5 without the expansion worth 10 Euro?

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on July 15, 2012, 01:20:53 AM

I bought Arkham Asylum and then City.  Great, great games.  I hadn't played a brawler since I was a teenager.  Simple to control, very satisfying, good variations in game play.  Best parts are where you hunt the armed thugs.  Watching them go from arrogant to terrified.  I'd play the first one first and avoid skipping it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Zanza on July 15, 2012, 03:02:14 AM
Is Civ5 without the expansion worth 10 Euro?

well, sorta I guess, but I wouldn't play it without the expansion.