News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

well I mean sure, the choice was valid after the naval battle result since it would be my last card, and you were bound to pirate about 3 times before the end of this turn.
So at one hand, I might stop you from winning this turn if I give you the card. On the other hand, I might give you an extra piracy with say two hits and make it easier for you to win this turn.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on September 20, 2012, 08:08:55 AM
well I mean sure, the choice was valid after the naval battle result since it would be my last card, and you were bound to pirate about 3 times before the end of this turn.
So at one hand, I might stop you from winning this turn if I give you the card. On the other hand, I might give you an extra piracy with say two hits and make it easier for you to win this turn.

Stop bloviating and decide. You don't have to justify your choice. I choose to move ahead knowing that you might do something like this. As far as I'm concerned I'm going to accept any choice you make as the one you would honestly have made. I can only blame myself for not waiting on you.

You can make the choice you think screws me over the most without having to justify yourself.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Fine, I rovered you for an extra hit.

Good game, Viking, congrats. :)

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on September 20, 2012, 08:15:27 AM
Fine, I rovered you for an extra hit.

Good game, Viking, congrats. :)

It's not over yet. Still have to pirate twice or take prague.

I'll send another file with the corrections.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Solmyr

If the French conquest succeeds, France will win since it started the turn with more VP than you. :P Protestants aren't in line for a religious victory with only 2 cards left, I think. Calvin's Institutes might have done it if Calvin wasn't committed.

Anyway, Carlisle converts, over to Max.

sbr

No sol Calvin's institute would not get me there this turn, otherwise I wouldn't have committed him.

Maximus

Viking

sbr

Quote from: Viking on September 21, 2012, 07:53:05 AM
sbr?

As I said about 36 hours ago:

Quote from: sbr on September 20, 2012, 07:17:51 AM
[snip]

I am heading out and won't have access to CB for the next 36-48 hours so that will be my last turn until my Friday evening at the earliest.

I will do something soon, just got home though.

sbr

#80: 1 / Gabelle Revolt

Message from Protestant:
+1 to French Bible.

Yes I could have done that before but I wanted to see the board first.

Tamas

Since we are about to wrap this up one way or the other, it is perhaps time to ask: would this same crew be willing to play a game of Virgin Queen after this one is over? You guys actually make your moves which is a decided advantage over the other VQ crowd. :P
And all things considered I find that game better I think. More options open to each power (except maybe England).

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on September 22, 2012, 02:37:53 AM
Since we are about to wrap this up one way or the other, it is perhaps time to ask: would this same crew be willing to play a game of Virgin Queen after this one is over? You guys actually make your moves which is a decided advantage over the other VQ crowd. :P
And all things considered I find that game better I think. More options open to each power (except maybe England).

I'm up for it in principle but...

1 - this game isn't over
2 - we'd have to get the 3 yooro followed by 3 amreekee sequence we have here.
3 - i'll need to read the rules
4 - can we start with the ending positions from this game?  :showoff:

Viking

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations
#76: 4 / Foreign Recruits

Message from Ottoman:
1/4 Move doom fleet to barbary coast
2/4 Move Sulemain to Prague
3/4 Assault Prague
4/4 Flag Mohacs

Tamas has no cards so I'll play the assault.

Viking

Assault on prague gives one hit each

Presuming Tamas loses merc, I'll lose the cav.