News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Scipio, March 30, 2012, 07:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Just finished the beta.  It has a good feel and art style; retains the D2:LoD vibe and gameplay.  Lots of little easter eggs and hat tips (including a gratuitous reference to Legacy of Kain).  Overall, an excellent beta/demo.

Monk character is all I've played.  It works pretty well.  Very reminiscent of the fighting styles in Jade Empire.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

crazy canuck

I burned a lot of time on Diablo, less on Diablo 2 although it was a superior game.  Not sure I am really into it anymore or at least enough to get Diablo 3.

Razgovory

I never really liked the Diablo series.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pedrito

I loved Diablo I and II, but the "always connected" policy I don't like a bit.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

I loved D1+Hellfire, but not D2. I guess that's why I like Torchlight as a light diversion.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 02, 2012, 06:47:38 PM
I never really liked the Diablo series.

I wasn't a big fan either. I never played the first part and played Diablo 2 for a bit and while I was entertained I thought it was pretty much run of the mill fantasy game. I will try Diablo 3 since I get it for free with my yearly Blizzard pass anyway, but don't expect it will hold me for long.

Razgovory

The game hurt my wrist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Drakken

Indeed, Diablo is a vector for carpal tunnel syndrome.

crazy canuck

Yeah, lots of repetitive clicking in that game.

crazy canuck

Ok, I have to confess that as they roll out the videos for the various character classes I am getting a bit more interested in this.

crazy canuck

This weekend is an open beta weekend

katmai

yeah downloading the client as we speak.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

I've been in the closed beta since early Feb but I could never bother to play. Now I did.

It's diablo & I like it, altho I think t 60$ it's too expensive.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Arvoreen

Check out Path of Exile   Might still be in beta, but it's fun...and very diabloish...  and free  http://www.pathofexile.com/

crazy canuck

I had a lot of fun with it.

The thing they get right that they other buys dont is itemization.  The addiction comes from trying to get just one more drop.

I think I will start with the monk.  That was a blast.  My least favourite class was the witchdoctor but even that was fun - just not as fun as the monk.