And we're back!

Main Menu

The Dog Megathread

Started by fhdz, January 25, 2012, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 17, 2020, 01:46:35 PM
Quote from: Caliga on January 16, 2020, 03:54:25 PM
My dog is being trained right now to not go ballistic when people come to the door.  Given the fact that she's a chihuahua, I am skeptical this will 'stick'. :sleep:

We have not been able to train any dog we have had not to be excited about greeting people at the door.  With our current dog we put her in her kennel when people come in, ask the guest if they are ok with a dog lavishing love on them, if they say no the dog stays in the kennel. If they say yes, they get the full on greeting.

Your puppy. :wub: :wub:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Liep

We have not been able to train any dog we have had not to be excited about greeting people at the door.  With our current dog we put her in her kennel when people come in, ask the guest if they are ok with a dog lavishing love on them, if they say no the dog stays in the kennel. If they say yes, they get the full on greeting.

Has anyone ever declined? :huh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Quote from: HVC on January 17, 2020, 10:17:24 AM
my cousin had a chihuahua (I think it had some min pincher in him, based on his appearance) that she had to put on anti anxiety meds :lol:
My dog has min pin ancestry too (25%).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on January 18, 2020, 03:20:25 AM

Has anyone ever declined? :huh:

Yep, some people just don't like dogs.