News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Dog Megathread

Started by fhdz, January 25, 2012, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Anybody know if dogs can get Alzheimer's?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Chatting to one of the dog walkers this afternoon, I asked after a guy I often chat with in passing, because I'd not seen him for a couple of months. He said the guys dog had recently got infected with Alabama foot rot and it had died in short order.  :(

Around here we seem to have had the largest out break in the country of this new to the UK disease, that's at least 18 so far in the district.   
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

A bit late in posting this. It's not Christmas unless you humiliate your pets with Christmas-themed accessories:

Jacob

This could also go in the cat megathread, though it's slightly more doggy (and I found this thread first): http://fayar.craigslist.org/rnr/4837487579.html

Caliga

Someone got us a dog DNA test for Christmas, and Princesca just got the results back for Roscoe.

His primary breed lineages are

Boxer: no surprise
German Shepherd: no surprise
Tibetan Mastiff: MEOWTF!?!?!!?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Cute.  So cute the other dogs are bowing to him!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

Quote from: derspiess on June 14, 2017, 02:31:46 PM

He should check his privilege.   :mad:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 14, 2017, 03:29:06 PM

Obviously some coonhound in him. :mad:  probably some Rhodesian, too.

Malthus

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 14, 2017, 03:29:06 PM

Knowing dogs, this is done by sniffing the other dog's butthole ...  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tonitrus

Recently we've had crisis/emotional support dogs visiting our workplace (yes haters, that is a thing), just to be there for people to pet and get some support human-animal bonding.

One of them today was a Keeshond.  I had not known such an awesome breed existed before, it's like a big raccoon-dog. .  :wub:

MadBurgerMaker

I've wanted a greyhound for a long time now.  A friend of mine had one they had rescued from racing, or she was "retired" (which means too old or slow I assume), or something like that, and she was the sweetest dog I've ever met.  Remarkably lazy, but fun when she felt like it.  I really doubt I have enough space for one though. 

The cats would probably not appreciate that at all either.  :P

:wub: