News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

That's like 1% of the caucus votes I think.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on January 03, 2012, 03:14:30 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 03, 2012, 02:02:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 03, 2012, 07:59:42 AM

What othervstunts are you thinking of?

Let's all think up some kind of gross definition for Rick Santorum's name.  It's childish.

So a total of one stunt? That's rather weak - especially when he was attacking an individual that seeks to deny him rights.

It's really all I know him for.  That and being insulting to people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I'd put my money on Paul for the Iowa thing.  Caucuses involve a lot of compromise and the like and his followers are the most fanatical and least likely to bend.  I think most of Romney's guys will stick by him and Santorum's people (and the rest of the pack), will likely peel off to Paul if they don't have a clear majority to start with.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

With 13% in,
Paul 24%
Romney 23%
Santorum 23%
Gingrich 13%
Perry 10%
Bachman 6%
The one candidate that is sane and didn't completely prostitute himself: 106 total votes

Hopefully no one in the rest of the world is noticing what is going on right now.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Habbaku

Quote from: alfred russel on January 03, 2012, 09:12:47 PM
The one candidate that is sane and didn't completely prostitute himself: 106 total votes

You mean the one that's deliberately betting the farm on New Hampshire and gave up on Iowa a while back?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Hopefully no one in the rest of the world is noticing what is going on right now.
The Iowa caucus doesn't really mean much, since a) Iowans are provincial idiots, and b) the caucus process is stupid.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on January 03, 2012, 03:14:30 PM
So a total of one stunt? That's rather weak - especially when he was attacking an individual that seeks to deny him rights.
Especially when both people are utterly evil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

alfred russel

Quote from: Habbaku on January 03, 2012, 09:14:16 PM

You mean the one that's deliberately betting the farm on New Hampshire and gave up on Iowa a while back?

Yeah, that guy who left the state because he wasn't getting a blip in the polls after months of campaigning.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on January 03, 2012, 09:16:00 PM
The Iowa caucus doesn't really mean much, since a) Iowans are provincial idiots, and b) the caucus process is stupid.

C) forigners can mind their own business.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

I hope the rest of the world realizes this. Imagine if we get Paul and Santorum in first and second place. I'm imagining some euro picking up a paper and seeing those guys as the top two, with a blurb of their policies. :lol:

The Larch

Quote from: alfred russel on January 03, 2012, 09:22:59 PM

I hope the rest of the world realizes this. Imagine if we get Paul and Santorum in first and second place. I'm imagining some euro picking up a paper and seeing those guys as the top two, with a blurb of their policies. :lol:

They won't. I guess they'll read "Republican primaries begin: Candidates A & B on top". You'll be lucky if it is explained somehwhere what the hell a caucus is.

KRonn

Quote from: alfred russel on January 03, 2012, 09:22:59 PM

Lol. Well, at least Ron Paul will scare the heck out of them all!   :ph34r:

alfred russel

Quote from: The Larch on January 03, 2012, 09:25:21 PM
They won't. I guess they'll read "Republican primaries begin: Candidates A & B on top". You'll be lucky if it is explained somehwhere what the hell a caucus is.

At what point do we need to get Paul and Santorum out of spots one and two before the world realizes we are pyschos?  :P

Caliga

Caucuses suck, because they require a big time commitment and it's for a fixed time.  This means people like me are less likely to be able to go, but some crazy old lady with a boner for Santorum?  No problem. :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on January 03, 2012, 09:30:06 PM
but some crazy old lady with a boner for Santorum?  No problem. :)

Not sure how he feels about having the elderly tranny vote locked up.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?