News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Phillip V on January 03, 2012, 11:04:40 PM
Romney and Santorum currently separated by 19 votes.
13 votes now

EDIT: Back to 19 now, or maybe my stream is slow.  :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Assuming that suburbs and cities are slower to report their results, Romney should win the night.

FunkMonk

lol this cat's in uniform at the Ron Paul concession speech
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Phillip V

Ron Paul concedes to Romney and Santorum, but states that only himself and Romney can mount a national campaign.

sbr

What's the point of a concession speech?  Do they stop counting votes for Paul now?

DGuller

Damn, it would've been so much more amusing if Paul won.  :(

jimmy olsen

Looks like Santorum could pull it out

QuoteMeanwhile, there are two Iowa counties that have yet to report results at all: Madison County, which gave 44 percent of its vote to Mike Huckabee and 16 percent to Mitt Romney in 2008, and Monona county, which went 36-29 for Mr. Romney over Mr. Huckabee.

Thus, Madison County would appear to be favorable to Rick Santorum and Monona County to Mitt Romney. Note, however, that Madison County is larger and cast three times as many Republican ballots in 2008.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Romney and Santorum separated by 54 votes with 95% of precincts reporting.

CountDeMoney

Meh, don't need to read 34 pages to know how goofy Iowan Republitards are.

stjaba

Rick Perry just announced he is going to back to Texas to reassess his campaign. Of all the surprises so far in the Republican campaign, I think the biggest surprise is how big of a letdown Perry's campaign was. He had every advantage in the world- tons of money; big state governor; solid conservative credentials,  high initial poll numbers; and yet he somehow managed to finish in 5th place in a fairly mediocre field.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2012, 11:58:48 PM

Well, next we go to New Hampshire, where Pat Buchanan won the primary. Then we go to South Carolina. And then Florida.

When do the get to the non goofy states?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: stjaba on January 04, 2012, 12:05:11 AM
Rick Perry just announced he is going to back to Texas to reassess his campaign. Of all the surprises so far in the Republican campaign, I think the biggest surprise is how big of a letdown Perry's campaign was. He had every advantage in the world- tons of money; big state governor; solid conservative credentials,  high initial poll numbers; and yet he somehow managed to finish in 5th place in a fairly mediocre field.

He's dumb as a sack of hammers, and according to Valmy, quite gay.  I'm not surprised.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on January 04, 2012, 12:05:58 AM

Well, next we go to New Hampshire, where Pat Buchanan won the primary. Then we go to South Carolina. And then Florida.

When do the get to the non goofy states?

You see, that's what the early primaries are for:  Iowa votes its moron conscience, then New Hampshire's idiots offset the Iowa results with their own fucked-up results, then South Carolina's idiots offset the New Hampshire results with their fucked-up results.

Then Super Tuesday evens everything out.

Eddie Teach

Well, most of it's about how Ron Paul's a racist.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?