And we're back!

Main Menu

Dick moves in your line of work.

Started by Martinus, November 21, 2011, 12:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 24, 2011, 09:17:06 AM
Quote from: Fireblade on November 24, 2011, 08:31:44 AM
The biggest drama happens when some dumbass Chinese exchange student tries to go out a fire exit and I have to punch in the alarm code. Or maybe when some negro comes in and tries to steal a laptop.

:lol:Nice to know tales of academia are universal.
A few years ago we had video of a Chinese researcher trying to go out the fire exit;  it had a 15 second delay for the door break release, so while the alarm was going off, the door wasn't opening fast enough so she starts kicking the glass.

I know red is the color of fortune and good luck with the godless yellow heathens, but when we paint our shit red, it means emergency over here.  Fucking bucketheads.
Hmm, a fire escape door that doesn't open quickly.  What could go wrong with that?  :hmm:

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2011, 08:38:04 PM
It's not just a suggestion, it's the truth.

Dude, you work in games. Are you saying that the guys don't generate drama or do the whole politicking-with-a-smile-while-stabbing-you-in-the-back thing?

Admiral Yi

I thought Brown Wolf worked for Bombardier.

Jacob

Grey Fox

You are both wrong & both right.

It went : Bombardier - Games - Current Job(for 3.5 years now).

I feel like guys generate way less drama if there is no women around to teach them how to do it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

The craziest drama I've witnessed has involved dudes. Heavy cocaine use does not really help most management decisions it appears.

Occasionally there may have been women involved, but that was primarily as targets of sexual harassment.

Jacob

Anyhow GF, good for you for getting out of games. What industry are you in now?

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

Quote from: Jacob on November 24, 2011, 12:12:23 PM
Anyhow GF, good for you for getting out of games. What industry are you in now?

http://www.teledynedalsa.com/mv.aspx/

Machine Vision

@Yi, I'm sure there's joke in that.  :lol: :lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

The biggest dick move in my work happens almost daily as more movies are just never returned, due to a plethora of "reasons" I'm sure, none of which are good enough. Especially heinous are those who fail to return a TV on dvd disc.

I love telling people "sorry we don't have that disc with the end to the clffhanger, because some douchebag was too lazy to walk 3 blocks to return that disc he rented a month ago.... We have the whole season on back order though..."

:angry:
:p

Tamas

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on November 24, 2011, 11:20:36 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 24, 2011, 09:17:06 AM
Quote from: Fireblade on November 24, 2011, 08:31:44 AM
The biggest drama happens when some dumbass Chinese exchange student tries to go out a fire exit and I have to punch in the alarm code. Or maybe when some negro comes in and tries to steal a laptop.

:lol:Nice to know tales of academia are universal.
A few years ago we had video of a Chinese researcher trying to go out the fire exit;  it had a 15 second delay for the door break release, so while the alarm was going off, the door wasn't opening fast enough so she starts kicking the glass.

I know red is the color of fortune and good luck with the godless yellow heathens, but when we paint our shit red, it means emergency over here.  Fucking bucketheads.
Hmm, a fire escape door that doesn't open quickly.  What could go wrong with that?  :hmm:

It's to prevent bullshit things like that.  All fire doors have releases that drop immediately upon activation of the fire alarm system.  People who attempt to go through fire exits when there's no fire are usually trying to get out with someone else's laptop.

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on November 24, 2011, 11:13:52 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2011, 03:55:44 AM
Speaking of which, a chick (I guess a guy too, but never seen that) who cries in a stressful situation at work should be fired on the spot.
I work with a lot of chicks who do that and freely admit it.  I don't personally care, as long as she's hot.

I've heard of dudes breaking down in tears at BigLaw firms.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on November 24, 2011, 09:20:29 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 24, 2011, 11:13:52 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2011, 03:55:44 AM
Speaking of which, a chick (I guess a guy too, but never seen that) who cries in a stressful situation at work should be fired on the spot.
I work with a lot of chicks who do that and freely admit it.  I don't personally care, as long as she's hot.

I've heard of dudes breaking down in tears at BigLaw firms.

BigLaw sucks.

Don't let Malthus, Gupta or Minsky tell you otherwise.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.