Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 15, 2011, 03:49:45 PM
Is Bob Costas gay?
Where did that question come from? :unsure:

No, he's on his 2nd wife and has two kids with the first.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Valmy on November 15, 2011, 03:22:54 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 15, 2011, 03:15:30 PM
Where can he move to? He is a national pariah. Short of leaving the country, he is screwed.

You vastly overestimate the attention span of the American Public.

And underestimate how terrible prison is.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 15, 2011, 04:23:52 PM

Timmy, one of the problems with calling a person a useless piece of shit is if you engage in friendly discourse with them, you come across as two-faced, whereas if you object violently to what they post you come across as a stalker.

alfred russel

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 15, 2011, 04:24:49 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 15, 2011, 03:22:54 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 15, 2011, 03:15:30 PM
Where can he move to? He is a national pariah. Short of leaving the country, he is screwed.

You vastly overestimate the attention span of the American Public.

And underestimate how terrible prison is.

Or simply have a different appreciation for being able to function as a normal member of society who also isn't in fear of personal attack.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 15, 2011, 04:27:19 PMTimmy, one of the problems with calling a person a useless piece of shit is if you engage in friendly discourse with them, you come across as two-faced, whereas if you object violently to what they post you come across as a stalker.

There are other possibilities as well.

Admiral Yi

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: alfred russel on November 15, 2011, 04:31:14 PM
Or simply have a different appreciation for being able to function as a normal member of society who also isn't in fear of personal attack.

"Not being in fear of personal attack" and "being in prison" don't have a lot in common....  :hmm:

Unless you mean being in solitary confinement?   :huh: 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

alfred russel

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 15, 2011, 04:35:24 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 15, 2011, 04:31:14 PM

"Not being in fear of personal attack" and "being in prison" don't have a lot in common....  :hmm:

Unless you mean being in solitary confinement?   :huh:

I assume they can find ways to keep you safe while you are in custody if you are at obvious risk of attack. Maybe that is solitary confinement, but I don't know much about how prison works.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Rasputin

so i'm jogging the other day and listening to a whole bunch of pod casts on international history on the ipod shuffle

to my chagrin mile two is about some dude named "admiral yi" who was korean and had a fleet of turtle ships with which he kicked japanese naval ass twice

who knew?

so my first thought is "funny, admiral yi [lunguishta yi that is] didnt seem korean"?  then i'm thinking how does one seem korean on a discussion forum?

i recognize this is a non traditional hijack for languish but it seems topical to this thread

please discuss
Who is John Galt?

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 15, 2011, 04:35:15 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 15, 2011, 04:32:01 PM
There are other possibilities as well.

Please elaborate.

I don't think Tim has sufficient dimension to be two-faced.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 15, 2011, 04:27:19 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 15, 2011, 04:23:52 PM

Timmy, one of the problems with calling a person a useless piece of shit is if you engage in friendly discourse with them, you come across as two-faced, whereas if you object violently to what they post you come across as a stalker.
The question was just so out of the blue and odd that I wanted to know what prompted it. I wouldn't call that friendly discourse.

By the way, if you don't want to be called out on being a horrible person maybe you shouldn't post horrible things. Being a pedophile apologist has its downsides.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: Rasputin on November 15, 2011, 04:40:49 PM
so i'm jogging the other day and listening to a whole bunch of pod casts on international history on the ipod shuffle

to my chagrin mile two is about some dude named "admiral yi" who had was korean and had a fleet of turtle ships with which he kicked japanese naval ass twice

who knew?

so my first thought is "funny, admiral yi [lunguishta yi that is] didnt seem korean"?  then i'm thinking how does one seem korean on a discussion forum?

i recognize this is a non traditional hijack for languish but it seems topical to this thread

please discuss

He seemed pretty Korean to me, what with all the times he said he was half-Korean.  He is too fucking tall to be properly Asian, though.  I assume he's some sort of mutant, like that basketball guy.  The point is, he's not fitting in any tunnels.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Rasputin

Quote from: Ideologue on November 15, 2011, 04:51:14 PM

to my chagrin mile two is about some dude named "admiral yi" who had was korean and had a fleet of turtle ships with which he kicked japanese naval ass twice

who knew?

please discuss

He seemed pretty Korean to me, what with all the times he said he was half-Korean.  He is too fucking tall to be properly Asian, though.  I assume he's some sort of mutant, like that basketball guy.

ive never met him nor noticed him claim to be half korean

is that something he's said in person or posts he's made on the forum
Who is John Galt?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Rasputin on November 15, 2011, 04:52:36 PM

who knew?

please discuss

He seemed pretty Korean to me, what with all the times he said he was half-Korean.  He is too fucking tall to be properly Asian, though.  I assume he's some sort of mutant, like that basketball guy.

There's been a couple of photo-documentaries on the forum involving him as well...

Ideologue

Quote from: Rasputin on November 15, 2011, 04:52:36 PM

who knew?

please discuss

I'm reasonably positive he mentioned it on the forum, albeit ages ago.  I suppose I could be misremembering.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)