And we're back!

Main Menu

American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2014, 08:48:46 PM
"carry" and "light carry".  :rolleyes:

Fuck, even garbon doesn't accessorize that much.

Accessorizing? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2014, 08:53:22 PM
What does drop gun mean?

The clean unregistered one they drop at the scene after they shoot an unarmed mentally ill homeless person.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 19, 2014, 09:02:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2014, 08:54:54 PM
There's two definitions:  the real one, and Caliga's. ROFL

:pinch:

MAH TOES

Yi, a drop gun is a gun you use to plant on a suspect to justify the fact that you just shot an unarmed person.*   But, as 11B would say, I reckon he should've armed himself first.

*Void in the following participating states: FL

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

garbon

At any rate, sounds like Yi needs to watch more police procedurals.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Just in time for this years range cycle for the Winchester 8x57mm.  :showoff:

Swift Scirocco 2
8mm (.323)
190 grain Boat Tail

This may be the all around bullet for the 8x57 from Deer to Elk. They havent published the BC for it but should be close to .500

A Scirocco 2 showing cutaway.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Like I said, accessorizing.  Love your choice in lip sticks, though.

derspiess

So the latest panic buying spree is Russian 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, and 5.45x39 ammo.  Everyone is worried Russian imports will be cut off.  If it continues to spiral, I may throw a few tins of surplus on the market to profiteer.

Funny thing is I was just told by someone pretty trustworthy that most if not all Russian surplus ammo actually comes from Ukraine. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on February 20, 2014, 06:22:22 PM

Swift Scirocco 2
8mm (.323)
190 grain Boat Tail

This may be the all around bullet for the 8x57 from Deer to Elk. They havent published the BC for it but should be close to .500

That's a pretty thick copper jacket.  Feel free to send me 50 rounds once you have the load worked out :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2014, 11:38:38 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 20, 2014, 06:22:22 PM

Swift Scirocco 2
8mm (.323)
190 grain Boat Tail

That's a pretty thick copper jacket.  Feel free to send me 50 rounds once you have the load worked out :D

Designed for controlled expansion

derspiess

Really cool if a bit geekish test on different barrel lengths on an AR-pattern rifle.  They started at 24" and cut off/re-crowned an inch at a time, measuring bore pressure and velocity.  I was never a big fan of short-barreled ARs and this backs up a lot of assumptions I held.

http://sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=1093