Do I contribute anything? What's the use of sticking around?

Started by Lucidor, September 09, 2011, 03:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 09, 2011, 11:33:16 AM
I've only met four other posters irl for what it's worth.

I met:

Agelastus
Anchor Clanker
Barkdreg
Barrister Boy
Berkut
Brazen
Delirium
Duque de Braganca
Eochaid
fromtia
garbon
Gups
Habsburg
Legbiter
mongers
Owl
Richard Hakluyt
Sheilbh
Syt
Tamas
The Elegant Sophist
The Larch
Warspite

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2011, 12:06:57 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 09, 2011, 11:33:16 AM
I've only met four other posters irl for what it's worth.

I met:

Agelastus
Anchor Clanker
Barkdreg
Barrister Boy
Berkut
Brazen
Delirium
Duque de Braganca
Eochaid
fromtia
garbon
Gups
Habsburg
Legbiter
mongers
Owl
Richard Hakluyt
Sheilbh
Syt
Tamas
The Elegant Sophist
The Larch
Warspite

The clinic is pretty busy.

No wait, that doesn't work.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grallon

Quote from: Lucidor on September 09, 2011, 03:29:23 AM
... What do you other non-inner circle people think Languish gives you?

As a doctor you should be aware of the value of a good bile drain.

By all means take a break but do come back.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

derspiess

Comic relief.

Ditto.  I usually don't have the attention span to contribute anything, so I happily leech from others' contributions. 

Also, Languish is a place filled with people a lot of interests I share, yet I tend to disagree with most here on things like relgion, politics, etc.  For some reason that keeps bringing me back.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I have yet to find anyone on the internet that matches my interests in Spartan latrines.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on September 09, 2011, 09:01:49 AM
Most of the times I post, it is just one line with the intention to be witty.

I'd leave.
:mad: (I filled my quota of  :lol: and then some, so I gotta use some fresh smilies).

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on September 09, 2011, 01:02:05 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 09, 2011, 09:01:49 AM
Most of the times I post, it is just one line with the intention to be witty.

I'd leave.
:mad: (I filled my quota of  :lol: and then some, so I gotta use some fresh smilies).

Flattery? You'll go far kid.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Haven't met any of the others.  Attempted it in a couple of cases, but it always fell through; honestly, I'm not sure that that's a bad thing, though.  I'm kind of a boring nerd offline, and at that, not even nerdy enough to get into the "cliques" like the wargaming people on here.  As for why I stick around, this gives me a place to vent and read some other peoples' posts to remind myself that, while my head might be a scary place to be, it can't possibly be as bad as, say, Seedy's. :P
Experience bij!

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

derspiess

I've only met Camper.  I almost feel like I've met Cal for some reason, but obviously I haven't.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on September 09, 2011, 10:50:50 AM
it was interesting at first, and when he's not wrong it still a good thread, but when he gets caught the  whole thread turns into a behemoth about how a  ship isn't a ship or the semantics of the world allegation.
:lmfao:  Classic languish. 

I stick around for this kind of made-up personal attack bullshit and the grallon/slargos/Marti/DG dogpiles.  There are far better fora for conversations with adults.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Another random denounciation of grumbler.  How predictable. :rolleyes: