Do I contribute anything? What's the use of sticking around?

Started by Lucidor, September 09, 2011, 03:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidor

Dear Languish.

I started thinking after the last post I made here, an inane comment I regretted the moment I clicked Reply... Most of the times I post, it is just one line with the intention to be witty.

I hang around for the games forum, and the OT. At the same time I feel that most of the inner circle already know each other, and have an outside of the forum relation to each other. I have something of a block against typing long posts, and the days of EUOT when debates sucked me in, and made me contribute, are gone.

I'm considering taking a long break, devote some of my blog reading, forum surfing, news browsing time to quality gaming, and the rest to reading and running.

Come to think of it, I hope you aren't going to call this a purely attention whoring thread or blame me for being overly dramatic when quitting. I just want to know the point of it, that's all. What do you other non-inner circle people think Languish gives you?

Sincerely,
Johan

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lucidor on September 09, 2011, 03:29:23 AM

I hang around for the games forum, and the OT. At the same time I feel that most of the inner circle already know each other, and have an outside of the forum relation to each other.
I think you're overestimating that. We only look like we have those kinds of relationships because we've known each other online for 8-9 years. Stick around long enough and we'll know you that well too. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

It gives me intellectual stimulation.  Perspectives I had not considered, facts I was not aware of, experiences I have not had.

Plus it's fun to shoot down misconceptions.  Drop quick one-liners.  Sometimes even the prison yard drama can be entertaining.

Remind me, are you the Swede Slag hates?

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 09, 2011, 04:18:52 AM
It gives me intellectual stimulation.  Perspectives I had not considered, facts I was not aware of, experiences I have not had.

Plus it's fun to shoot down misconceptions.  Drop quick one-liners.  Sometimes even the prison yard drama can be entertaining.

this :)

Lucidor

Eddie Teach

Tell you the truth, Lucidor, I sometimes get that "outside looking in" feeling too, and I'm way more active than you are. But the forum can be entertaining and it's not like I have anything better to do.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Lucki, you need to stay here since you are still sane. Think of it as a test of manhood, will you prevail against the ceaseless onslaught of idiots here?  Fight the good fight, then come see me in Wyoming and I will buy you some dark beer.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

LaCroix

from one intruder to another, i think you're a good poster and help contribute to a diieimg(!11) forum. i wouldn't feel put off by how long the forum has existed and the relations some posters have developed with others. after all, with the way divorce rate is going these days, all the languish couples (neil-timmy, ide-korea, ed-pdh, cdm-cdm, etc) can only last so long

Rasputin

I only come because i enjoy watching cdm bitch slap folks;

i suppose that's schadenfreude but it still mkes for good entertainment
Who is John Galt?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Rasputin

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2011, 08:05:16 AM
I come here to get all my Winnipeg Jets news.

oh yeah; i forgot about that...that too

but for languish, i would not know that anyone in real life follows canadian football

i always assumed it was some intramural sport only attended by the players' parents
Who is John Galt?

11B4V

Quote from: Lucidor on September 09, 2011, 03:29:23 AM
What do you other non-inner circle people think Languish gives you?

Comic relief. Oh, and screw those inner- circle jerk fags.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.