News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

40°C forecasted for Friday in Paris.  :cry: That's 14°C more than today Wednesday.

HisMajestyBOB

It's been at least 90 almost every day this July. Humid too, of course, so the heat index has been over 100 frequently.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on July 29, 2020, 07:25:36 AM
Summer is coming:

Coming? Summer is here and has been scorching for weeks...unfortunately relief is coming in what looks might be a nasty hurricane season. Because that is what Texas needs right now :(

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

15°C in Stockholm, with heavy rain. What's with the summer talk?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Currently 29 in my backyard and nothing but Blue sky.

mongers

It's been hot for the last 2-3 days here in Southern England, temperatures over 90F :gasp:

Set to remain so for the next few days, I can imagine how bad is must be in continental Europe.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on August 09, 2020, 12:41:05 PM
It's been hot for the last 2-3 days here in Southern England, temperatures over 90F :gasp:

Set to remain so for the next few days, I can imagine how bad is must be in continental Europe.   :bowler:

It's lovely.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on August 09, 2020, 02:21:10 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 09, 2020, 12:41:05 PM

It's lovely.

No.

PDH

It's only early August, so Summer hasn't hit here yet.  Foggy mornings and sunny afternoons.  Later in the month that should change and September and October will get warmer.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

KRonn

It's been warm and low humidity the last few days. Then through Wednesday we'll have hotter and more humid weather, but then it'll cool off some for about the next week after that.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on July 29, 2020, 07:48:59 AM
BBC has just upgraded forecast to London to 34 on Friday. :weep:
And staying around there until Wednesday when, hopefully, a storm will break it.

I like hot weather, but London is not built for this :( :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 09, 2020, 05:48:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 29, 2020, 07:48:59 AM
BBC has just upgraded forecast to London to 34 on Friday. :weep:
And staying around there until Wednesday when, hopefully, a storm will break it.

I like hot weather, but London is not built for this :( :bleeding:

Most big cities aren't, with the possible exception of Southern European cities.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 10, 2020, 05:08:23 AM
Most big cities aren't, with the possible exception of Southern European cities.
Yeah. Most Southern European cities have buildings that are quite cool in the summer, have the big blinds etc. London does not :weep:

We're not great at insulation either because our climate should be more temperate :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

I thought English climate was really temperate; omnipresent rain is quite the leveler.  :P
No real summer, no real winter etc., though Geordistan for instance might have a winter.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 10, 2020, 05:26:46 AM
I thought English climate was really temperate; omnipresent rain is quite the leveler.  :P
London's drier than Rome or Barcelona - we only get half the amount of rain Sidney does :P

London's often grey but it's not very wet, probably because of temperateness. We don't often have big storms.

QuoteNo real summer, no real winter etc., though Geordistan for instance might have a winter.
I don't know about Newcastle, but when I moved from the Highlands the existence of seasons was very noticeable. In the South of England there is a very clear spring and autumn and summer, but then there's just 4 months of it being generally crap but not particularly wintry. Whereas in the Highlands you could get all the weather types in one day (the only snow days I ever got was when we had blizzards in April and no-one was prepared). But you basically had winter, and then 6 weeks of nice-ish weather. Unfortunately the nice weather also coincided with the midgie season so... :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!