And we're back!

Main Menu

Strauss-Kahn Case Seen as in Jeopardy

Started by Martinus, July 01, 2011, 02:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Siege on July 01, 2011, 12:50:55 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 01, 2011, 09:11:32 AM
I wonder if the maid was convinced to become unreliable after getting a couple of sacks with dollar signs on them, with money inside.

That was my first thought.

Not that I think.

One Jew who is actually a victim of a witch hunt, and you are against him. Shame.

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on July 01, 2011, 01:39:39 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 01, 2011, 01:32:27 PM
Quote from: Drakken on July 01, 2011, 12:57:26 PM

That said, the charges still stand. So either the prosecution has an ace up their sleeves, or the attorney-general wants to go all-in on this case.
Prosecution can't dismis now. if they do they are saying the wrongfully ruined a mans life. if they prosecute and win they come out as "hero's" for the everyday men and women how go after the rich as the y would the poor. if they lose then people who think he's innocent will be comforted the justice won while those who think he's guilty will blame his money but fall back on "at least justice tried". there is no going back.
That tactic certainly didn't work for Mike Nifong.

I don't think prosecution did anything wrong.  Given the information they had at the time, they did the right thing.  They were also the ones who uncovered discrediting evidence against the alleged victim, so they can't be blamed for trying to railroad DSK at all costs.  The perp walk thing was silly and distasteful, but it's silly and distasteful in every circumstance, not just in cases of wrongful arrest, and prosecutors aren't even in charge of that.

They did not do anything wrong? You must be kidding me. They took a fairly incredible claim and did the whole dog and pony show of arresting the chairman of the IMF, disrupting the huge organisation (and possibly causing millions of dollars of damage).

Speaking seriously, I fully think they should have investigated and, if the investigation found evidence, charged him. But the guy is not some common criminal, or even Polanski. He's the head of a major international institution and a major French politician who would not suddenly disappear in the mountains - arresting him was totally unwarranted.

If anything, this proves a complete failure of the US prosecution system, and a good reason why Western democracies should not comply with its wishes (e.g. extradition requests) in future. It's a farce.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on July 01, 2011, 07:33:01 AM
I hope he manages to get on the ballot and is elected. It would be an awesome FU to Americans and their retarded system of "justice".

How DARE they arrest a wealthy guy on the charges made by a bum? The fucking degenerate fascist retards

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on July 02, 2011, 05:15:07 AM
I hope he manages to get on the ballot and is elected. It would be an awesome FU to Americans and their retarded system of "justice".

How DARE they arrest a wealthy guy on the charges made by a bum? The fucking degenerate fascist retards

When did you become a communist?

grumbler

You're talking to Marti, here.  You cannot go full-retard and expect to distinguish your arguments from his.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on July 02, 2011, 08:44:13 AM

You're talking to Marti, here.  You cannot go full-retard and expect to distinguish your arguments from his.

What's up, grumbler? You've been slacking off lately, and you're sounding more and more confused in your attempts at "wit".

Trouble in the household? Stressed at work?

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 05:07:47 AM

They did not do anything wrong? You must be kidding me. They took a fairly incredible claim and did the whole dog and pony show of arresting the chairman of the IMF, disrupting the huge organisation (and possibly causing millions of dollars of damage).

Speaking seriously, I fully think they should have investigated and, if the investigation found evidence, charged him. But the guy is not some common criminal, or even Polanski. He's the head of a major international institution and a major French politician who would not suddenly disappear in the mountains - arresting him was totally unwarranted.

If anything, this proves a complete failure of the US prosecution system, and a good reason why Western democracies should not comply with its wishes (e.g. extradition requests) in future. It's a farce.

In this country the job of police is to take accusations of crime seriously.  No fucking idea what they do in Poland.  And yes, some times wealthy and powerful people murder and rape.  I'm fairly sure arresting him was warranted as they had an actual warrant to do so.  I don't know if you missed the irony of criticizing the US for refusing bail while in the same post stating that Europe shouldn't extradite wanted criminals to the US.  From anyone else I would take this as a joke of some kind.  You, I believe are actually serious when making such stupid statements.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 05:01:54 AM
Rich people do not commit rape or other crimes, because they are rich and thus don't have to do this. It's basic logic.

On the other hand, the poor are morally inferior, and as such, all likely criminals and unreliable.

I'm not sure why anyone is responding as it is clear that you are trolling. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2011, 09:20:05 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 05:01:54 AM
Rich people do not commit rape or other crimes, because they are rich and thus don't have to do this. It's basic logic.

On the other hand, the poor are morally inferior, and as such, all likely criminals and unreliable.

I'm not sure why anyone is responding as it is clear that you are trolling. :hug:

I'm not convinced Marty can troll as it requires to separate thoughts to be in his head at the same time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 05:07:47 AM

He wouldn't disappear into the mountains, but the problem is that he could disappear to France. That place to which he was headed when arrested. If a country doesn't have an extradition policy that makes it easy for us to bring guys back, there isn't much choice except to lock guys up at the time of the accusation.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

So are you guys happy to live in a society where a mere accusation from a woman is enough to get a man arrested?

There is a whole world of difference between "treating accusations seriously" and arresting someone on a purely she-said-he-said basis.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 09:48:49 AM
So are you guys happy to live in a society where a mere accusation from a woman is enough to get a man arrested?

There is a whole world of difference between "treating accusations seriously" and arresting someone on a purely she-said-he-said basis.

A "mere accusation from a woman" doesn't get a warrant.  Look up "reasonable suspicion."
Experience bij!

grumbler

Non-sequitur, since none of those guys live in such a society.  This is just re-wording the old phony question "are you guys happy to live in a society where all gays are pedophiles?"

QuoteThere is a whole world of difference between "treating accusations seriously" and arresting someone on a purely she-said-he-said basis.
And there is a whole world of difference between making logical arguments based on facts, and hysterical arguments based on ignorance and spite.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 02, 2011, 09:54:20 AM

A "mere accusation from a woman" doesn't get a warrant.  Look up "reasonable suspicion."

These accusations are baseless. What's more, they were incredible to begin with. Some fucking immigrant whore with clear criminal ties wants to make a quick buck on the blackmail, and a career of a man who is worth perhaps one thousand pieces of shit like her is destroyed. Fucking American cretins.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 09:57:09 AM
These accusations are baseless. What's more, they were incredible to begin with. Some fucking immigrant whore with clear criminal ties wants to make a quick buck on the blackmail, and a career of a man who is worth perhaps one thousand pieces of shit like her is destroyed. Fucking American cretins.

Who pressured him to resign?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.