News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fucking weather

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, April 17, 2009, 11:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

What the fuckety fuck mickey mouse bullshit is this? :blink:

.. FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM EDT /1 AM CDT/ TO 9 AM EDT /8 AM CDT/ THURSDAY...

A FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM EDT /1 AM CDT/ TO 9 AM EDT /8 AM CDT/ THURSDAY.

* OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES WILL DROP TO NEAR FREEZING IN THE BLUEGRASS REGION OF CENTRAL KENTUCKY WHILE TEMPERATURES ACROSS SOUTHERN INDIANA AND CENTRAL KENTUCKY ARE EXPECTED TO DROP INTO THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 30S BY SUNRISE TUESDAY. THE FROST IS EXPECTED TO MELT OFF BY 900 AM EDT.

* ACCUMULATION OF FROST DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS WITH READINGS IN THE LOWER 30S WILL BE COLD ENOUGH TO IMPACT NEW PLANTS AND VERY YOUNG SEEDLINGS. IF YOU HAVE NEWLY PLANTED PLANTS... COVER THEM OR BRING THEM INDOORS TONIGHT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FROST ADVISORY MEANS THAT FROST IS POSSIBLE. SENSITIVE OUTDOOR PLANTS MAY BE KILLED IF LEFT UNCOVERED.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on May 04, 2011, 04:59:16 PM
What the fuckety fuck mickey mouse bullshit is this? :blink:

.. FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM EDT /1 AM CDT/ TO 9 AM EDT /8 AM CDT/ THURSDAY...

A FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM EDT /1 AM CDT/ TO 9 AM EDT /8 AM CDT/ THURSDAY.

* OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES WILL DROP TO NEAR FREEZING IN THE BLUEGRASS REGION OF CENTRAL KENTUCKY WHILE TEMPERATURES ACROSS SOUTHERN INDIANA AND CENTRAL KENTUCKY ARE EXPECTED TO DROP INTO THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 30S BY SUNRISE TUESDAY. THE FROST IS EXPECTED TO MELT OFF BY 900 AM EDT.

* ACCUMULATION OF FROST DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS WITH READINGS IN THE LOWER 30S WILL BE COLD ENOUGH TO IMPACT NEW PLANTS AND VERY YOUNG SEEDLINGS. IF YOU HAVE NEWLY PLANTED PLANTS... COVER THEM OR BRING THEM INDOORS TONIGHT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FROST ADVISORY MEANS THAT FROST IS POSSIBLE. SENSITIVE OUTDOOR PLANTS MAY BE KILLED IF LEFT UNCOVERED.

Who the fuck warns about frost?

That's like warning the sun might go down tonight.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

Time to wrap your trees

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2011, 05:03:57 PM

That's like warning the sun might go down tonight.

People in climates where they grow citrus, I guess.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: Maximus on May 04, 2011, 05:06:48 PM
Time to wrap your trees
My apple trees should be ok.  Princesca planted a tomato plant last weekend... not sure if that one will need any help. :hmm:

I have about ten seedlings on the deck I'll probably bring in for the night.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2011, 05:03:57 PM

It's important for people who plant flowers.

Martinus

Don't get me started. We had snow here on Tuesday and today a hailstorm, with temperatures slightly above freezing. I don't remember a May that cold. This is fucking horrible.

Caliga

Oh it's back up to 67 F today. :cool:

katmai

Sunny in the 50's and up to about 18 hrs of daylight. Woooooo
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

It's suppose to rain this evening, hopefully it should clear up tomorrow.  I'm going fishing!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017