News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How would you judge this guy?

Started by Martinus, May 24, 2011, 02:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza2

Quotea. Bias Intimidation. A person is guilty of the crime of bias intimidation if he commits, attempts to commit, conspires with another to commit, or threatens the immediate commission of an offense specified in chapters 11 through 18 of Title 2C of the New Jersey Statutes; N.J.S.2C:33-4; N.J.S.2C:39-3; N.J.S.2C:39-4 or N.J.S.2C:39-5,
(1) with a purpose to intimidate an individual or group of individuals because of race, color, religion, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or ethnicity; or

This seems to be the most serious charge. Sounds like the perpetrator might be guilty of that.

garbon

Quote from: dps on May 24, 2011, 03:03:00 PM
Did the people who posted the video intend for the guy to die?  'Cause if that was the motivation, their plan was really stupid and they were real lucky that it worked.

Probably not, but certainly the motivation was to be harmful.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on May 24, 2011, 02:57:41 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 24, 2011, 02:55:37 PM
How do you even know he was a homophobe?

It says so in the article.

QuoteIt is alleged that online messages posted by Mr Ravi suggested he was not happy about having a gay roommate.

Not really definitive since we don't have the messages.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on May 24, 2011, 02:57:41 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 24, 2011, 02:55:37 PM
How do you even know he was a homophobe?

It says so in the article.
Not really.  They only say: "it is alleged that online messages posted by Mr Ravi suggested he was not happy about having a gay roommate."
It's a suspicion, not a fact.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Cecil

Eddie Teach

Technology has pretty much killed any hope a person has of privacy, sadly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on May 24, 2011, 05:01:21 PM
Seriously though.  Not guilty.

Of murder, absolutely.

But even in Canada I can see several minor charges he appears to be guilty of.  Voyeurism and obstruction of justice most notably.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Scipio

I sentence him to make embarrassing sex tapes with ugly women where he gets made fun of afterwards.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Josquius

Certainly not murder.
Did the guy secretly film it or just come across the gay guy's film and decide to upload it?
The former could still be pretty serious...
██████
██████
██████

Siege

Can somebody please tape Martinus?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 24, 2011, 05:03:20 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 24, 2011, 05:01:21 PM
Seriously though.  Not guilty.
Of murder, absolutely.

But even in Canada I can see several minor charges he appears to be guilty of.  Voyeurism and obstruction of justice most notably.
Could you charge voyeurism without having the law struck down by the Charter?  And in this case, obstruction of justice would be the sort of ideological, bullshit charge that they would lay on him for thought-crime.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on May 24, 2011, 06:13:27 PM
Certainly not murder.
Did the guy secretly film it or just come across the gay guy's film and decide to upload it?
The former could still be pretty serious...

If I recall he put a webcam in there and then streamed it live to some friends.  Why, I have no idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: dps on May 24, 2011, 03:03:00 PM
Did the people who posted the video intend for the guy to die?  'Cause if that was the motivation, their plan was really stupid and they were real lucky that it worked.
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!