Main Menu

Mobtown, my Mobtown

Started by CountDeMoney, April 23, 2011, 02:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 07:02:33 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2012, 06:57:47 AM
Trumped again. :weep:

You know, from time to time, I do miss being able to fuck with little shits like that.
Nowadays, no way, not with the prevalence of cameras on everybody over the age of 8.  But back in the day?  Oh, hells yeah.  I would've enjoyed trying to shove one of their heads through those concrete stanchions before the sergeant showed up.

Apparently, the thing to do here is toss them in the back of the cruiser, accelerate off and then slam on the brakes. After a few slams against the seat and plexi, Pookie gets respectful.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2012, 07:06:38 AM
Apparently, the thing to do here is toss them in the back of the cruiser, accelerate off and then slam on the brakes. After a few slams against the seat and plexi, Pookie gets respectful.

Back in my day, before they went with cargo vans we had the old "icebox" paddy wagons, with a window behind the front seat.  Used to knock on the window to get their attention, they'd look in, and lulz at the red light.
Those iceboxes had nothing to grab onto in the back, and don't think we didn't hit every fucking curb on the way to the district.  It was like watching Bambi on the ice pond.  Except with head trauma.

PDH

We don't get packs of anything here, except antelope :(
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 06:42:29 AM
You should arrange an introduction;  I will be her Virgil in this circle of hell.  She is cute?
Not my type, but she is single (widowed).  She is a Swiss citizen, too.... and very heavily armed. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 11, 2012, 05:22:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 06:42:29 AM
You should arrange an introduction;  I will be her Virgil in this circle of hell.  She is cute?
Not my type

Must be a B cup.

Quotebut she is single (widowed).

Ah, already in love with a dead guy.  [montyburns]Excellent...[/montyburns]

QuoteShe is a Swiss citizen, too.... and very heavily armed. :)

Cool, I like Rousseau as well.

CountDeMoney

Lulz, remember the Wal-Mart Dazzling Urbanite catfight involving bleach?

QuoteWalmart where bleach fight took place is hot spot for police calls
Site had more than 1,600 calls over four years, mostly for theft reports

The Baltimore County Walmart that was the site of a bleach fight last fall, clearing the store for several hours and sending 19 to the hospital, likely won't see one of the women allegedly involved for awhile.

She was ordered by a judge Wednesday to stay away for five years.

The Lansdowne location has been one of the busiest Walmart stores in the county for 911 responders.

According to documents released by police to colleague Luke Broadwater, officers have been called to the Lansdowne Walmart about 1,600 times in the past four years.

From the time the big-box store opened in Nov. 2007 until the day after the Oct. 8, 2011 assault, police have been called to the store more than once a day, on average.

Most of the calls — more than 1,000 — have been for reports of theft.

There have also been 60 calls for domestic disputes and more than 50 cases of assault. Five calls were to report fires. Three were for bomb threats. There were also two reported armed robberies and a report of prostitution.

Those numbers are significantly higher than other Greater Baltimore Walmarts over the same time period. The Dundalk store had fewer than 1,200 calls for police, Catonsville had fewer than 1,000 and Reisterstown had fewer than 500.

Though Broadwater received the call statistics for the Lansdowne Walmart within days of the October assault, police said it would take about a month to return 911 statistics for a dozen other Walmarts and Target stores around Baltimore.

In order to speed up the data turn-around time, Broadwater limited his request to just the three other stores mentioned above. Even so, police did not return the data until after the start of the New Year.

Walmart's corporate office did not respond to inquiries Wednesday about the large number of 911 service requests to the Lansdowne store.

Read more of The Sun's coverage of the Walmart assault, and listen to a recording of the 911 call in the case that Broadwater also collected from police:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on April 11, 2012, 06:45:53 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 06:28:23 AM
And in my ongoing "I can trump Ed's Shit From Ohio thread" efforts, here's a great video of a tourist on St. Patrick's Day cold-cocked, stripped and filmed by multiple Dazzling Urbanites, right in front of the Circuit Court building on Calvert Street:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue2fNik7oNk&feature=related

You can easily identify the victim;  he's the white dude.

holy shit.

One of them got locked up.  Check it out:

QuoteA 20-year-old man has been charged in connection with the recent assault and robbery in downtown Baltimore of a visitor who was stripped of his clothes — a videotaped attack that garnered outrage but also helped police make an arrest.

Aaron Jacob Parsons of Rosedale turned himself in Friday night after having been linked to the incident for more than a week, as viewers of the video tracked social media activity that appeared to show his involvement. He has been charged with robbery, assault and other crimes.

His attorney, Warren Brown, said Parsons is a "good kid," who graduated from parochial school and was raised by his brother after his mother died. Brown said Parsons has no prior arrest record and is not responsible for the acts in the video that drew the most outrage.

"It's not the punch that has aroused so much anger — it's the humiliation after the punch, the disrobing of the guy and going through his pockets," Brown said. "He wasn't involved in any of that and has no real association with those people."

In a television interview, Parsons apologized for his role in the crime but said his recollection of the events were hazy.

In the video, filmed the night of St. Patrick's Day, the seemingly disoriented victim is standing with a group of young people in front of the east building of the Clarence M. Mitchell Jr. Courthouse. As a girl dances against him, a man who police now say is Parsons grabs something out of the victim's pocket. The man moves to recover his property, and the man identified as Parsons rears back and punches him in the face, knocking him to the ground. The victim is then stripped of his clothing and teased.

The humiliation of the victim drew attention to the video — which appeared on websites such as the Drudge Report and Huffington Post, and on CNN — and prompted tips that pointed police to Parsons.

"I think the fact that people from as far away as California chimed in to help out the Baltimore Police Department underscores how heinous this attack was, on a truly unsuspecting victim," said police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III urged residents this week not to mischaracterize the Baltimore incident amid other racially charged cases in Florida and Oklahoma, saying there was no indication that the crime — involving black suspects and a white victim — was driven by race.

At least two people recorded the attack and posted it to the Internet. Police are still trying to identify at least three others captured on surveillance cameras.

As the video gained wide attention, police said they weren't sure when the incident occurred and didn't know the identity of the victim. They later were able to connect it to a March 19 report from a 31-year-old man visiting from Virginia, who told police he woke up in his hotel room a day earlier, beaten and bruised, with several items including a watch and his car keys stolen. He did not recall when or where he had been attacked.

But after the video began making the rounds on shock video sites and gaining media attention, police said tips poured in. An anonymous caller told police she knew Parsons from Facebook and Twitter, while an artist and blogger from California, Anthony Mandich, directed police to sleuthing done by Internet users to track screen shots of Parsons' Web activity, officials said.

Police have posted images of three others involved in the incident on the department's Facebook page in hopes of generating tips, continuing the key role social media has played in the evolution of the case — from shock video to criminal charges.

Attempts to reach Parsons since the video surfaced had been unsuccessful. "He's been deluged with threats," Brown said. Parsons' personal information, including phone numbers, his address and e-mail address, were plastered across the Internet.

Brown said Parsons graduated from Our Lady of Mount Carmel High School and has worked multiple jobs, including with FedEx and Ruby Tuesday's, in addition to promoting parties. Some of those expressing disgust with Parsons' depiction in the video were those closest to him, Brown said.

"A lot of people that know him and know the type of person that he is voiced a great deal of disappointment in what they saw," Brown said. "This was not the way he was raised."

:lol: And this is the best part:

QuoteParsons turned himself in about 7:30 p.m. Friday. Police said they had arranged for Parsons to turn himself in earlier Friday, but he taped an interview with WBFF-TV and then failed to appear and could not be located by members of the Warrant Apprehension Task Force.

Police were angered that the station, which it partners with for a weekly segment airing information about fugitives, didn't communicate with them that Parsons was on their premises and said they would be terminating the segment.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Lulz, he got a $1,000,000 bail.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 14, 2012, 11:46:22 AM

Isn't that usually murder-level bail?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 14, 2012, 02:25:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 14, 2012, 11:46:22 AM

Isn't that usually murder-level bail?

Meh, that's Friday-night-pissed-off-commissioner bail.  It'll drop at bail review on Monday AM.

CountDeMoney

Daaaaaaamn.

QuoteA 23-year-old West Baltimore man was fatally shot in the head while he was eating crabs at McCulloh Homes on Friday night, authorities said.

Police responded to the call at 8:20 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of Watty Court. Brandon Simms had been eating crabs when an unknown gunman walked up and opened fire without warning, police spokesman Donny Moses said. The suspect fled on foot to an unknown location.

Simms, whose address wasn't immediately known, died at 1:45 a.m. Saturday at Maryland Shock Trauma Center.

Tonitrus

I took a look at that area on Google Street View.  I think they filmed the first season of "The Wire" there.  :P

CountDeMoney

lol, Watty Court, yeah been there more than once.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 14, 2012, 10:14:15 PM
Daaaaaaamn.

QuoteA 23-year-old West Baltimore man was fatally shot in the head while he was eating crabs at McCulloh Homes on Friday night, authorities said.

Police responded to the call at 8:20 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of Watty Court. Brandon Simms had been eating crabs when an unknown gunman walked up and opened fire without warning, police spokesman Donny Moses said. The suspect fled on foot to an unknown location.

Simms, whose address wasn't immediately known, died at 1:45 a.m. Saturday at Maryland Shock Trauma Center.

Police sketch of the suspect.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017