News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mobtown, my Mobtown

Started by CountDeMoney, April 23, 2011, 02:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Get that Virginia shit out of my Maryland thread, dammit.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2011, 01:12:54 AM
Get that Virginia shit out of my Maryland thread, dammit.

Dude was heading out from Baltimore, therefor he was tainted.

HVC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43443234/ns/us_news-weird_news/

QuoteA police officer was attacked by a rat while riding to a crime scene in a patrol car earlier this week.

Baltimore police confirmed that the officer was riding in the passenger seat of an unmarked patrol car Wednesday while cruising down Hanover Street when he felt something on the back of his neck.

The officer swiped at his neck and discovered the big rodent crawling up his back, police said. The rat bit his palm and thumb before the officer was able to throw it out of the car window.

Police said the officer's partner rushed him to Harbor Hospital, where they were told they had to retrieve the rat to test it for diseases.

The officer said he and his partner went back to where they threw the rat out, found it limping along the road and, after a small struggle, one of the officers beat the rat to death with an umbrella and bagged it.

The officer who was bitten is on leave waiting to see if the rat is diseased.

Police said it's believed that the rat crawled up through the car's underbelly and bit apart some wires before it crawled into the back seat.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Can't wait to see what's in store for Memorial Day!

QuoteMan stabbed to death, child shot in Inner Harbor after fireworks

Violence erupted in separate locations of the Inner Harbor  Monday night despite a heavy police presence for the holiday, with a child shot in the leg and a man fatally stabbed shortly after the fireworks ended.

They marked the second and third violent events downtown Monday — a significant disappointment for the city Police Department, which had coordinated an elaborate July Fourth safety plan that involved several hundred state and city officers patrolling Baltimore's streets, monitoring surveillance cameras and tracking one another via GPS signals.

Earlier in the day, a man in his 20s was shot twice inside a parking garage around 2 a.m. after a long-running feud was reignited. He survived the attack.

Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III  held a news conference Monday evening to quell fears that the downtown area was dangerous, telling reporters that arrests were imminent in the morning incident and that he believed there were "sufficient resources" in place to secure the Inner Harbor for the Independence Day celebration.

"Several hundred uniformed and plainclothes police officers" from the city, as well as the Maryland State Police, the Maryland Transit Administration and the Maryland Transportation Authority were deployed to "ensure that we have a secure and safe July Fourth celebration," Bealefeld said.

The nighttime incidents, apparently unrelated, occurred about 10 p.m. Few details were immediately available. Heavy traffic was making it difficult for law enforcement to travel to the scenes, a police spokesman said.

In the first episode, a man was stabbed outside McCormick & Schmick's Restaurant in the 700 block of Eastern Ave., near the Pier Six Pavilion.

"An adult male got into a confrontation with another group of individuals, and that confrontation escalated and resulted in our victim being stabbed very seriously in the neck," police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

The man was transported to Maryland Shock Trauma with critical, life-threatening injuries. He was pronounced dead shortly before midnight.

Meanwhile, at Pratt and Light streets, a boy was standing with parents when they heard a noise and realized that the child, reportedly age 4, had been shot in the leg near his groin. He was transported to Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Guglielmi said police will review surveillance camera footage as part of the investigations.

Other incidents Monday night appeared to be minor. Two individuals fell into the water at the Inner Harbor around 8 p.m. and were rescued by the Baltimore Police Marine Unit and transported to a hospital for monitoring, Guglielmi said, and several juveniles were arrested for carrying knives.

Police were taking a tough stance on curfew violations and clearing the streets of young people after 11 p.m., Guglielmi said.

CountDeMoney

Bumped, because Monkeybutt insists on stacking his Ohio thread:

QuoteMan with machete, wearing GPS monitor, carjacks woman

He was on probation and wearing a GPS monitoring device. He was also armed with a rusty machete, and prosecutors said he carjacked a woman as she checked the oil in her car on Ravenwood Avenue in May.

On Tuesday, a Baltimore Circuit Court jury convicted the teenager, Terrell Singleton, of carjacking and car theft, and he faces up to 69 years in prison when he is sentenced in April. Prosecutors said the GPS device he was wearing, so that prison officials could keep track of him, put him at the scene of the holdup.

The Baltimore State's Attorney's Office said that the woman was attacked on May 24. She saw two men approach and got into her car, "but one of the men reached in and brandished a 17-inch machete, stating, 'This is a jacking, hurry up.'"

Prosecutors said the woman got out and the men got in, driving off and throwing a purse out the back window. Baltimore County police stopped the car four hours later after a chase, and prosecutors said Singleton was arrested after he forced his way into a home, dropping the machete in the yard.

Electronic court records show that Singleton had been convicted previously as an adult with assault and given a 10 year sentence starting in August last year, with all but nine years and 10 months suspended. He was put on four years supervised probation.

That case stems from an incident in which another man, just last week, was convicted of trying to kill Singleton by shooting him out of revenge for the assault. Dafton Canty was found guilty of trying to shoot Singleton. Canty missed, but hit and wounded a 10-year-old boy instead.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2012, 09:33:12 AM

QuoteCanty missed, but hit and wounded a 10-year-old boy instead.
They really should give target shooting practices in the inner city. if you're going to shot someone anyway, make sure you hit the right person.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

And in my ongoing "I can trump Ed's Shit From Ohio thread" efforts, here's a great video of a tourist on St. Patrick's Day cold-cocked, stripped and filmed by multiple Dazzling Urbanites, right in front of the Circuit Court building on Calvert Street:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue2fNik7oNk&feature=related

You can easily identify the victim;  he's the white dude.

CountDeMoney

In other Mobtown news:

QuoteCommissioner Bealefeld also addressed recent reports that officers had gone into a school to handcuff and arrest a group of 8- and 9-year-olds who were charged with assaulting classmates off school property. The American Civil Liberties Union said police had overstepped their bounds, and relatives of the juveniles said the arrests were mishandled.

Bealefeld said the arrests "have raised a number of questions inside the Police Department that we're working through. I hope people have confidence in us that if we made mistakes, we're going to address that and work to avoid it."

But he said debate over the arrests distracted from the crimes committed and problems in the Morrell Park community. The students were accused of holding a youth's head underwater and another's against train tracks during a fight. Television reports said the children referred to themselves as "The Hit Squad."

"Sure, we could've done it better. But at the end of the day, we can't lose sight of why we were there to start with. ... We twist away from what's happening with bullying, what's going on in that neighborhood," Bealefeld said. "What's going on in that neighborhood that these violent assaults are happening? They didn't wake up one day and say, 'I'm putting my friend's head underwater.'"

Caliga

A friend of mine is moving to Bawlmer in two weeks.  We were talking to her about it over the weekend and she kept saying how wonderful Baltimore is, etc etc etc.

I kept my mouth shut. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 11, 2012, 06:40:29 AM
A friend of mine is moving to Bawlmer in two weeks.  We were talking to her about it over the weekend and she kept saying how wonderful Baltimore is, etc etc etc.

I kept my mouth shut. :)

You should arrange an introduction;  I will be her Virgil in this circle of hell.  She is cute?

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 06:28:23 AM
And in my ongoing "I can trump Ed's Shit From Ohio thread" efforts, here's a great video of a tourist on St. Patrick's Day cold-cocked, stripped and filmed by multiple Dazzling Urbanites, right in front of the Circuit Court building on Calvert Street:

holy shit.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on April 11, 2012, 06:45:53 AM
holy shit.

Yeah, that's your generic Dazzling Urbanite wolfpack in Baltimore right there.  Yo.

Funny thing is, not only did it happen on the sidewalk of the courthouse, it's also a couple blocks away from both City Hall and BPD's Central District.  Unfortunately, all the cops were down at the Inner Harbor.

Ah, inner city negroes, such merchants of civility.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 06:28:23 AM

Trumped again. :weep:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2012, 06:57:47 AM
Trumped again. :weep:

You know, from time to time, I do miss being able to fuck with little shits like that.
Nowadays, no way, not with the prevalence of cameras on everybody over the age of 8.  But back in the day?  Oh, hells yeah.  I would've enjoyed trying to shove one of their heads through those concrete stanchions before the sergeant showed up.