And we're back!

Main Menu

Mobtown, my Mobtown

Started by CountDeMoney, April 23, 2011, 02:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2012, 02:41:23 PM
Nyuk, nyuk.

Elaborate.  I'd imagine you're a little conflicted.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 17, 2012, 02:59:56 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2012, 02:41:23 PM
Nyuk, nyuk.

Elaborate.  I'd imagine you're a little conflicted.

Well, the wilding is a substantial issue for the last several years--I've posted before on tourists getting mobbed and jacked by herds of teenybopper Dazzling Urbanites, suckerpunching them and even pushing a tourist to his death into the water, not to mention the extensive coverage in The Sun about the totality of the unrest this past St. Paddy's Day--but, in the delegate's case, there's a certain way you should go about addressing it.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2012, 03:02:53 PM
but, in the delegate's case, there's a certain way you should go about addressing it.

And he's a Republican :contract:

But yeah, you have to pay attention to certain sensitivities, even if they border on the ridiculous.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Why are you concerned? It isn't like you live in Baltimore. :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

You know how attuned derfetuss is to race relations.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2012, 10:11:57 PM

Who's concerned?

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 18, 2012, 01:15:23 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2012, 10:11:57 PM

Who's concerned?

That comment was to Seedy. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 18, 2012, 07:45:34 AM
That comment was to Seedy. :hug:

If you're within "yo, yo, yo, s'up, yo" shouting distance of mass transit, you're in Baltimore.

garbon

Do commuter rails count in that calculation? That's essentially what that subway line was by that point.

Also, does that mean Jersey City is in New York?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 18, 2012, 07:52:22 AM
Do commuter rails count in that calculation? That's essentially what that subway line was by that point.

Yup.  You should see it in the morning;  all the Dazzling Urbanite high schoolers that live down in the 'hood but use dubious addresses from their mothers' cousins' sisters' uncles' mailing addresses in 21117 come to school out here.  That's why the high school down the street from my place practically competes with Dunbar High in the city for the state basketball championship every year.  :lol:

21117: 51% Dazzling Urbanite
New Town High School: 91% Dazzling Urbanite

Subway station looks like a Tarzan movie in the morning.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2012, 07:59:45 AM

:lol: Is that a paraphrased Sanford & Son quote, by any chance?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoSrKLTx_ao

Kleves

Not from Baltimore, but I thought Seedy would appreciate this from Seattle:
QuoteA hostile crowd challenged officers and delayed help for a shooting victim as he lay dying in the parking lot of a south Seattle fast food restaurant, police said.

Some men in a crowd of 25 to 50 people on Wednesday night were "posturing, ripping off their shirts and challenging officers to fight," said spokesman Mark Jamieson. Additional officers were called in to quell the crowd.

But Jamieson said fire department medics couldn't reach the wounded 31-year-old man for five to seven minutes. He eventually was rushed to Harborview Medical Center with multiple gunshot wounds, and later died, spokeswoman Susan Gregg said.

People often congregate in the parking lot of the Jack in the Box restaurant on Rainier Avenue South, which is a drive-through without indoor seating, Jamieson said.

A witness to the shooting flagged down a passing police car, he said. The officer saw the victim with numerous people standing over him, and no one appeared to be helping. When the officer told them to stand back, the crowd turned on the officer, delaying the emergency response, Jamieson said.

When fire department medics finally reached the man they knew he was very badly wounded, spokesman Kyle Moore said.

"We realized we had to get him to the hospital as quickly as possible," Moore said. "Every minute made a difference in that case."

Medics may typically take 10 to 15 minutes to stabilize a patient before transporting, but they couldn't wait this time. "We transported him as quickly as we could," Moore said.

It is typical in assault cases for medics to wait for police to secure a scene for their own protection, Moore said.

The shooting was the 14th homicide of the year in Seattle, Jamieson said. Another shooting in the same parking lot last Saturday wounded a man in his legs. It remains unsolved, and it's unknown if the two are connected.

Although police haven't received much cooperation, detectives are hoping someone helps identify a suspect and a motive.

"Presumably some of the people saw what happened," Jamieson said. "We need those people to come forward and tell us what happened."

Jamieson didn't know if anyone who interfered could face possible charges because of the man's death.

"Our concern at the time was to make it safe - to make the scene safe for fire personnel to get in there and render aid," Jamieson said. "And right now we're concerning ourselves with trying to solve this homicide."
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 18, 2012, 09:06:48 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2012, 07:59:45 AM

:lol: Is that a paraphrased Sanford & Son quote, by any chance?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoSrKLTx_ao

I cannot lie;  I am the Sanford & Son generation.  :P

11B4V

Quote from: Kleves on May 18, 2012, 09:16:22 AM
QuoteA hostile crowd challenged officers and delayed help for a shooting victim as he lay dying in the parking lot of a south Seattle fast food restaurant, police said.

Seen this on KIRO yesterday morning I think.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on May 18, 2012, 09:16:22 AM

Not at all uncommon.  Hell, sometimes those guys were on the scene before we were, while the shooting was still going on.  Seen more than one BCFD medic with a bullet hole in it.