And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on October 15, 2012, 06:50:51 PM
Quote from: daveracher on October 15, 2012, 06:21:54 PM
There's been all sorts of fuss about cancelled power plants lately, didn't think it was enough to take down ole ferret face.

What's all this then? Who are you?

Does Dalton McGuinty have an account at Languish?

Lettow77

Mew eh?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

daveracher

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2012, 07:07:11 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 15, 2012, 06:50:51 PM
Quote from: daveracher on October 15, 2012, 06:21:54 PM
There's been all sorts of fuss about cancelled power plants lately, didn't think it was enough to take down ole ferret face.

What's all this then? Who are you?

Does Dalton McGuinty have an account at Languish?

Lettow77

Mew eh?

Ugh. How about no.

Just a guy with a healthy dislike for all Ontario politicians. Ferret Face, Hudak and Horwath are all douchebags.

Birdman of Burlington

Jacob

But how did you come to end up at languish, of all places?

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

daveracher

Quote from: Jacob on October 15, 2012, 09:54:50 PM
But how did you come to end up at languish, of all places?

I lurked at Paradox, now I lurk here. I've been around for ages, I just rarely have anything to say.
Birdman of Burlington

Grey Fox

Don't sweat it. They are old eyes, they don't always see nor remember.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Saw speculation the McGuinty thing is for him to run for the federal leadership. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on October 16, 2012, 09:22:45 AM
Saw speculation the McGuinty thing is for him to run for the federal leadership. :mellow:

Someone does need to oppose Wonder Boy Justin too.

Also, we now have 3 liberal party that are Leaderless.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Well that speculation is to be expected I suppose. The Toronto Star headline was McGinty quits...Door Open to run for Federal Leadership.

Not sure if he's got what it takes to beat Boy Wonder.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on October 16, 2012, 09:30:25 AM
Well that speculation is to be expected I suppose. The Toronto Star headline was McGinty quits...Door Open to run for Federal Leadership.

Not sure if he's got what it takes to beat Boy Wonder.

What is it about Liberal politicos who fail in Ontario and think this is a natural springboard to federal leadership?  :huh:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on October 16, 2012, 09:22:45 AM
Wow, that would be a gift for Harper.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

It probably would. And I don't think it's going to happen.

Josephus

A good column I read in the Toronto Star today (remember this is a pro-Liberal paper), is that in all likelihood bigger scandals were likely to emerge which could threaten the Liberals' hold on the Ontario Legislature  and by proroguing  he's able to keep his party in power until a new leader is chosen.

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on October 16, 2012, 01:04:13 PM
A good column I read in the Toronto Star today (remember this is a pro-Liberal paper), is that in all likelihood bigger scandals were likely to emerge which could threaten the Liberals' hold on the Ontario Legislature  and by proroguing  he's able to keep his party in power until a new leader is chosen.

It'll be months before a new permanent leader is chosen.  They can't stay proruged that long.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Premier Dalton McGuinty quietly shut down the legislature on his way out the door...it won't resume until his successor is chosen

[From today's Star.]