News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

What can you do?  The growth fetish will destroy us all.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on October 11, 2012, 06:33:11 PM
Or you're just disagreeing with it cause I posted it. :D It is a fairly right wing magazine, The Economist, you know.

Naw, you and I have found very little to disagree on lately.  We need to improve our efforts in that regard.  :D

As for the Economist it used to be a fairly staunch defender of classical liberal thought but the last couple of years I have noticed less of a determined defence.  I wonder if there was a change in editor or something.

Josephus

It's still pretty pro-market, small government,  but certainly since the 08 crisis it has taken a "some regulation is not so bad" stance.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zoupa

Josephus

I think Ontario's premier just resigned.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

Josephus

Not sure:

From The STar

Premier Dalton McGuinty has announced that he is resigning.

More to come.

Josephus

And he's prorogued the legislature.

Barrister

Huh - what's this all about then?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

They're saying he's going to address the media at 830 pm (local time)

Neil

Maybe they forced him out in an effort to create a brand that can actually win an election before the opposition forces an election.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

daveracher

There's been all sorts of fuss about cancelled power plants lately, didn't think it was enough to take down ole ferret face.
Birdman of Burlington

Jacob

Quote from: daveracher on October 15, 2012, 06:21:54 PM
There's been all sorts of fuss about cancelled power plants lately, didn't think it was enough to take down ole ferret face.

What's all this then? Who are you?

Does Dalton McGuinty have an account at Languish?

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on October 15, 2012, 06:50:51 PM
Quote from: daveracher on October 15, 2012, 06:21:54 PM

What's all this then? Who are you?

Does Dalton McGuinty have an account at Languish?
Probably Tim Huddack
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.