News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

It's hard to say if higher than expected advance voting means more voting in general, or if it just means more people are taking advantage of advance polls.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on October 16, 2019, 12:32:07 PM
It's hard to say if higher than expected advance voting means more voting in general, or if it just means more people are taking advantage of advance polls.

The Cons have got to hope it is the latter.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 16, 2019, 08:05:25 AM
In how many provinces are the BQ running candidates?
They're brave, like anyone making the jump to politics, but not suicidal. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Valmy

Well Trudeau always looked at Obama with those star struck eyes. Maybe they have a personal relationship...

but still this isn't cool Barry.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Also surprised slightly that Obama, being the guy with the funny name and America's first black President, wouldn't have more time for Jagmeet Singh, the first person of colour to lead a Canadian political party.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on October 16, 2019, 02:07:56 PM
Also surprised slightly that Obama, being the guy with the funny name and America's first black President, wouldn't have more time for Jagmeet Singh, the first person of colour to lead a Canadian political party.

Maybe he puts policy ahead of ethnicity? :hmm:

Barrister

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on October 16, 2019, 01:59:36 PM
Well Trudeau always looked at Obama with those star struck eyes. Maybe they have a personal relationship...

but still this isn't cool Barry.
Not cool, but at the same time, he ain't a politician, he does not represent the US, formally or informally...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on October 16, 2019, 02:08:55 PM

I didn't say support: I said "have time for".

If I were advising Obama, I would have suggested something like "Watching with interest  the Canadian election campaign.  I enjoyed my time working with Justin Trudeau.  Jagmeet Singh, the first POC to lead a Canadian party seems like an interesting character.  But I am certain that whomever wins this election Canada will continue to be a strong ally of the US".

You don't endorse anyone specifically, you name drop candidates you might quietly prefer, but above all else you point out it's for Canadians to decide.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on October 16, 2019, 03:06:06 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 16, 2019, 02:08:55 PM

I didn't say support: I said "have time for".

If I were advising Obama, I would have suggested something like "Watching with interest  the Canadian election campaign.  I enjoyed my time working with Justin Trudeau.  Jagmeet Singh, the first POC to lead a Canadian party seems like an interesting character.  But I am certain that whomever wins this election Canada will continue to be a strong ally of the US".

You don't endorse anyone specifically, you name drop candidates you might quietly prefer, but above all else you point out it's for Canadians to decide.

Hey, Trudeau may not actually be a POC - but at least he made himself up as one, several times!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Obama always does this, did it for France & Germany.

You should listen to him, he's a great leader.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.