News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Francorum

Question is if a chance of a Conservative government will convince some of those who declared for NPD to strategically vote for the Liberals.
To rent

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 10, 2019, 03:31:14 PM
An interesting dynamic is taking shape.  It looks impossible for the Conservatives to form a majority government because of how poorly they are doing Quebec.  That takes the pressure off strategic voters who might otherwise feel compelled to vote Liberal.  The NDP could do much better than first anticipated - if this elections was a few weeks longer Singh might have been able to do what Trudeau did to Mulcair.

Edit: PRC, based on the latest polling data it is very unlikely there will be a majority government formed by either party.  Neither the Libs or Cons have the necessary seat count.

This is what is happening.  The polls still show a Conservative majority is unlikely because of Quebec.  And as a result the NDP are eating the Liberals lunch.  All those strategic voters don't need to vote Liberal.  No wonder Trudeau broke his PR election reform promise.

I'll say it again, if this election was as long as the last one we might have an NDP government.  Singh has all the momentum.

I should add that both the Libs and Cons are dropping it's just that the Cons are dropping more slowly.  And Scheer's big promise is to cut infrastructure spending.  Probably not the wisest of political choices.

Josephus

I'm heading out to vote now. Decided on the Liberal Candidate.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Barrister

Quote from: Oexmelin on October 14, 2019, 09:25:50 AM
Thanks to Mono, I voted Green.

Spite-voting is probably not the worst reason to vote for a party, but I can't think of anything worse at the moment... :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Rex Francorum

Samed as in 2015. I voted "bulletin blanc". I just expressed my disinterest in federal politics (well, except elections, I just love elections).
To rent

Oexmelin

Spite-voting is probably not the worst reason to vote for a party, but I can't think of anything worse at the moment... :P

Lol. It's not spite voting. It's just a side benefit. The riding where my last Canadian address is has/had at least a chance of electing a Green.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Zoupa

saskganesh

Leaning towards voting NDP instead of Green in order to deseat incumbent Liberal. Cons not a factor in my riding.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

In my riding, polling indicates a 7% switch from Liberal to NDP support, all in the last week. NDP now probably has the lead.
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

I can't believe, we're once again going to send 30 Bloc MPs to not play the game.  :yuk:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Bloc and Conservatives are at equality in my riding.  Bloc was around 1% below Conservative MP as of last poll, but since the Bloc has gone up since then in national polls, it's quite possible the Bloc candidate is now in front of our Conservative MP.

I was tempted to vote Green, as a protest vote, now, I'm not so sure.  I like the guy.  So far, it's been the only candidate to ever come visit me, since I am voting.  That is worth something...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Rex Francorum

I think the context evolved. With the decline of the PQ, the BQ is merely a third party now, like the NPD or the Greens.
To rent

crazy canuck

Quote from: Rex Francorum on October 15, 2019, 10:33:57 AM
I think the context evolved. With the decline of the PQ, the BQ is merely a third party now, like the NPD or the Greens.

It is still only representing regional interests.  So very different from the other parties.