Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Rasputin on September 26, 2011, 12:17:59 PM
:Embarrass:

:console:

I really thought this was going to be the Noles' breakout year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

So...Bama at Florida this week...any thoughts?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 26, 2011, 12:33:04 PM
Quote from: Rasputin on September 26, 2011, 12:17:59 PM
:Embarrass:

:console:

I really thought this was going to be the Noles' breakout year.

That beatdown at the hands of Oklahoma took care of that.  I mean, it wasn't just a loss, it was a physical beatdown.  I've never seen an FSU team that physically dominated in every sense of the word.  They were just curbstomped above and beyond the scoreboard.

Ol' Bobby never would've accepted a body bag game like that.  Neither would Burt Reynolds.

dps

Quote from: Valmy on September 26, 2011, 12:34:17 PM
So...Bama at Florida this week...any thoughts?

Alabama was my preseason pick for #1, so I certainly expect them to win.

MadBurgerMaker

So here's a thing:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/docs-richardsons-other-new-car-georgia-plates-29856

QuoteConsidering that the NCAA has access to Richardson's bank records - like all student-athletes under the auspices of the intercollegiate governing body - it wouldn't take long for the NCAA to find out exactly how the Alabama star running back acquired two vehicles with a combined, base sticker price of over $60,000 in the span of 10 months.

The quote is from the very end of the post.  There's more at the link and all that.  Yeah, it's Sports by Brooks, but hey, it's NCAA "news," right? 

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

ulmont

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 28, 2011, 12:45:50 PM
[chart of top football revenue programs]

Appears to conclusively prove SEC superiority, Texas notwithstanding.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on September 28, 2011, 12:51:11 PM

And in Texas' case, how stupid people can be with their money.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2011, 09:18:08 PM
And in Texas' case, how stupid people can be with their money.

Not buy cars for Trent Richardson?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2011, 11:24:43 PM

Well clearly, with all that cash, they could have gotten him something nicer than an Altima and Yukon.  Then the Horns would have Malcolm Brown and Trent Richardson!  And Grey coming in next year!  Holy shit!

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 28, 2011, 11:25:43 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2011, 11:24:43 PM

Well clearly, with all that cash, they could have gotten him something nicer than an Altima and Yukon.  Then the Horns would have Malcolm Brown and Trent Richardson!  And Grey coming in next year!  Holy shit!

There is nothing better than a GMC Yukon! :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2011, 11:29:58 PM
There is nothing better than a GMC Yukon! :mad:

I thought you had a Tundra? :unsure:

grumbler

Quote from: ulmont on September 28, 2011, 12:51:11 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 28, 2011, 12:45:50 PM
[chart of top football revenue programs]

That's just football revenue, though, not total revenue.  The B10 schools, for instance, don't count the BTN income as football income, so the numbers are a bit skewed.

In total revenue, though, Texas still leads.  IIRC, Florida is by far the top SEC team, and something like 5 B10 teams make as much or more than the second-best SEC team.

I don't think there is any question but what the SEC has the best football programs overall of the conferences, though.  I thought this might be the year the B10 took a run at them, but that isn't to be.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

The Houston - UTEP game is totally lacking in defense.  47 - 35, ~10:00 left, something like 1100 yards of offense between the two (700 for Houston). 

Make that 49-35.

USF is getting demolished by Pitt.