And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2011, 08:04:09 PM
Minnesota is an unholy mess.

No joke.  I mean, I knew they were bad, but I didn't think they were "get crushed by a 1-AA team" bad.  It's 31-14 now. 

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2011, 05:49:32 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 24, 2011, 05:24:50 PM
:lol:  Lots of dumbassery in the last few minutes of the OSU - TAMU game.    The Pokes came all the way back from being down 20-3 at the half to go up 24-20, aided by dumb penalties and two turnovers by the Aggies, then Blackmon decides he's going to fumble a sure touchdown out the endzone (untouched, he just dropped it right before crossing the goal line), so TAMU gets the ball back and their QB immediately throws another pick.  24-20 Pokes at the end of the 3rd, but they're in the red zone again.

Yeah, as interesting as it is watching FSU coming back against Clemson, the OSU-TAMU game is much more hilarity.

The last play of OSU/A&M was hilarious; seeing the Aggies desperately try to stop Blackmon from scoring a safety for A&M   :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 24, 2011, 08:07:51 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2011, 08:04:09 PM
Minnesota is an unholy mess.

No joke.  I mean, I knew they were bad, but I didn't think they were "get crushed by a 1-AA team" bad.  It's 31-14 now.

What is even sadder is they got a nice new stadium and they are fielding a Div-III team.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

citizen k

Boise State up 27-0 over Tulsa at the half.

PDH

Wyoming is now getting predictably curb-stomped by Nebraska.  It was close up to the time the game started.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2011, 08:12:55 PM
What is even sadder is they got a nice new stadium and they are fielding a Div-III team.

Have you been to TCF Bank?  I've heard it's kind of a McStadium, if you know what I mean, although from the pictures I've seen of it, it seems nice.  I dunno.  They don't need to be losing 37-24 to North Dakota State there, no matter what it's like.

MadBurgerMaker

What is Bacone College?  UTSA absolutely destroyed them 54-7 today.  They scored 34 in the second quarter.  Heh.

Edit: College not State.  Bacone College.  Whatever.

Oh here we go.  Private liberal arts school in Oklahoma with 900 students.  NAIA.  The Warriors. 

citizen k

Arizona having a disappointing evening.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: citizen k on September 25, 2011, 12:24:21 AM
Arizona having a disappointing evening.

Switch over to the ASU - USC game and enjoy Trojan misery.

(so far)

Edit: Oh my.  This is a total beatdown by Arizona State now.  43-22

citizen k

I'm watching Fresno State - Idaho, GO Vandals!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: citizen k on September 25, 2011, 12:40:02 AM

Whoa what channel is this one on?

citizen k

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 25, 2011, 12:41:36 AM
Quote from: citizen k on September 25, 2011, 12:40:02 AM

Whoa what channel is this one on?

The WAC Network on a local cable sports channel called SWX.

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 24, 2011, 09:19:16 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2011, 08:12:55 PM

Have you been to TCF Bank?  I've heard it's kind of a McStadium, if you know what I mean, although from the pictures I've seen of it, it seems nice.  I dunno.  They don't need to be losing 37-24 to North Dakota State there, no matter what it's like.

Never been, but it is apparently better(from all the TV commentator jaw-jaw) than the craphole they had previously played in.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on September 24, 2011, 04:29:01 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 24, 2011, 02:02:03 PM
Why does Maryland have such ugly uniforms?

Because companies that make sporting goods have taken to the strange notion that if they make a Division 1A football team look like their uniforms are made by a pair of tailors, one of whom is color blind and the other of whom is just plain blind, somehow that will induce people to buy their products.

The fact that UnderArmour's owner and founder is a Terpie, and someone who wants to see Maryland go to the next level of competitiveness, thinks that nifty uniforms will help with recruiting.

Of course, they could've worn mithril pasties and wingtips yesterday, for all the good it did them.  Temple? Ugh.

Rasputin

Who is John Galt?