And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

UNC and Pitt both have QBs who....don't seem to be very clutch.   :hmm:

Ed Anger

Took the twins to their first football game. A Div-III game with a stadium with a seating capacity of ~3,000.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

"Why are these guys playing worse than High Schoolers, Dad?"

"Quiet, they don't get scholarships."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on September 24, 2011, 03:45:18 PM
"Why are these guys playing worse than High Schoolers, Dad?"

"Quiet, they don't get scholarships."

:lol:

They weren't quite Joe Bauserman bad.

dps

Quote from: Neil on September 24, 2011, 02:02:03 PM
Why does Maryland have such ugly uniforms? 

Because companies that make sporting goods have taken to the strange notion that if they make a Division 1A football team look like their uniforms are made by a pair of tailors, one of whom is color blind and the other of whom is just plain blind, somehow that will induce people to buy their products.

QuoteAlso, why do they play teams that are so much better than they are? 

Because college league teams aren't allowed to play peewee league teams.

PDH

In the general world of things, much to Berkuts displeasure, Texas fans are a ton better than Nebraska fans.  Giant RVs driving around blaring airhorns with 28 drunken fans insdide with red facepaint yelling "woooooo" out the windows is ok for the first second, but it tends to wear on one after that.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on September 24, 2011, 04:40:47 PM
In the general world of things, much to Berkuts displeasure, Texas fans are a ton better than Nebraska fans.  Giant RVs driving around blaring airhorns with 28 drunken fans insdide with red facepaint yelling "woooooo" out the windows is ok for the first second, but it tends to wear on one after that.

It could have been worse. Jort wearing Buckeye fans.

PDH

Oh jesus.  Well, at least I know that they would never come to Laramie, much like Tenn buying out the Laramie game (which was played in Nashville) for a million bucks.  Funny thing is, Wyoming against the big teams only asks for a 2 for 1 (away/home) deal, I would think that some would like to get in on 3 easy wins for the expense of traveling to 7220 feet and a podunk town...hell, Wyoming even pays Nebraska to come here.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Ed Anger

Pac-12 Colorado looks just as horrible as Big 12 Colorado. What a snoozer.

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:  Lots of dumbassery in the last few minutes of the OSU - TAMU game.    The Pokes came all the way back from being down 20-3 at the half to go up 24-20, aided by dumb penalties and two turnovers by the Aggies, then Blackmon decides he's going to fumble a sure touchdown out the endzone (untouched, he just dropped it right before crossing the goal line), so TAMU gets the ball back and their QB immediately throws another pick.  24-20 Pokes at the end of the 3rd, but they're in the red zone again.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 24, 2011, 05:24:50 PM
:lol:  Lots of dumbassery in the last few minutes of the OSU - TAMU game.    The Pokes came all the way back from being down 20-3 at the half to go up 24-20, aided by dumb penalties and two turnovers by the Aggies, then Blackmon decides he's going to fumble a sure touchdown out the endzone (untouched, he just dropped it right before crossing the goal line), so TAMU gets the ball back and their QB immediately throws another pick.  24-20 Pokes at the end of the 3rd, but they're in the red zone again.

Yeah, as interesting as it is watching FSU coming back against Clemson, the OSU-TAMU game is much more hilarity.

MadBurgerMaker

TAMU defensive players are dropping after every play right now. 

MadBurgerMaker

North Dakota State dropped 28 points on Minnesota in the second quarter, up 28-14 right now with ~10 left in the 3rd.

Here's six of those points: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUB9bpGf-BE  heh heh

Ed Anger

Minnesota is an unholy mess.

Ed Anger

North Texas is also gently assfucking the Hoosiers, 24-0.