News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Crystal Skull is Godfather 3 at best.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 20, 2012, 07:02:51 AM
Crystal Skull is Godfather 3 at best.

It's a little bit better than G3.

Cate Blanchett as a hottie Sov > Andy Garcia as mounted cop hit man.

Barely.

Darth Wagtaros

Only good thing about that movie was that it outraged the stupid Russians.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

21 Jump Street. It was actually pretty funny.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 20, 2012, 07:36:25 AM

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Kleves

Cabin in the Woods. I liked it, but it certainly could have been better.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 20, 2012, 07:43:41 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 20, 2012, 07:36:25 AM

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised.

OK then;  The Other Guys:  better or worse?

Eddie Teach

Both. The Other Guys had more memorable bits, but also more cringe-worthy moments.

CountDeMoney

OK, I will have to definitely check it out then, because I thought The Other Guys was the funniest shit since Tropic Thunder.

garbon

Didn't see that one. All I can say is 21 Jump Street actually had some funny lines and I wasn't expecting that.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2012, 01:32:20 PM
OK, I will have to definitely check it out then, because I thought The Other Guys was the funniest shit since Tropic Thunder.

Yeah-- The Other Guys was hilarious.  They just weirdly failed to tie it all up into a good movie.  I sorta think of it as a series of funny-as-balls skits.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Also I would say better than Get Him to the Greek, but not as good as Superbad.

CountDeMoney

How the Rock and Samuel L Jackson checked out was hilarious, but when they drove over the crime scene I thought I'd piss myself.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2012, 01:37:02 PM
How the Rock and Samuel L Jackson checked out was hilarious, but when they drove over the crime scene I thought I'd piss myself.

I liked the real gun -> wooden gun -> rape whistle demotion.  Also the whole "Gator" thing.  And what happened to his car and how they told him "it was trying to vote for Nader" :lol:

I was so pissed when that movie disappeared from Netflix.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall