TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on August 29, 2012, 11:02:21 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 29, 2012, 06:33:25 AM
AINT it cool is crap.

Dollhouse was crap too.

This show will go no where and then be cancelled just as it hits its stride.
Dollhouse was a very good show.

I'd say mixed. Some eps were good.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Worst episode happened to be the one that I caught on television during the show's run, Echo was volunteering at some center for children with psychological problems. :yawn:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: garbon on August 29, 2012, 11:08:23 AM
AINT it cool is crap.

Dollhouse was crap too.

Maybe if it had another year to develop it might have worked, but it was not compelling during what run time it had.
PDH!

Maladict

Expendables 2. After reading it would be better than the first (not much of an achievement) it was fairly disappointing.

Viking

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 29, 2012, 01:08:41 PM
AINT it cool is crap.

Dollhouse was crap too.

Maybe if it had another year to develop it might have worked, but it was not compelling during what run time it had.

they say that about all whedon vanity projects
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Viking on August 30, 2012, 06:28:42 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 29, 2012, 01:08:41 PM
AINT it cool is crap.

Dollhouse was crap too.

they say that about all whedon vanity projects
I liked Firefly and Doctor Horrible. And Buffy. Angel wasn't bad.
PDH!

Liep

HBO Go comes to Denmark in October. :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. It made me wonder how I could have possibly liked the first one.  :hmm:

Josquius

I watched the first episode of the x files never having seen much of it before and wondering whether I should get into it. It left me cold.
I know I should force myself to put aside my skepticism and see this as a fictional world where this nonsense exists but....I just can't get over my hatred of UFO freaks.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Saw The Rum Diary. The chick was super hott.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

The Hunger Games. It's quite good, as far as YA sci-fi goes(so very imaginative but not remotely plausible).

11B4V

I thought the same thing.

Kind of eager to see how The Hobbit will turn out.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Drakken

Alexandra's Project. Good movie, if a bit unbelievable at the end. [spoiler]Alexandra announces she has destroyed every possible picture of the kids before abducting them so that he never sees them again, arguing the memory of them will fade in his mind as time passes. Notwithstanding the fact that this idea is ludicrous from the start, at the end we see Steve seemingly having given off the fight, being a recluse just seating watching her get fucked in front of the camera by his fat neighbor, jacking off to it, and rewinding the 5 seconds of his children the neighbor had left on the tape over and over again, crying. Would a father fight to the death, at least declare the abduction to the police and file for divorce in absentio for abandonment, adultery, and parental abduction?[/spoiler]

Rolf de Heer sure knows how to catch his male audience by the guts, though. For male viewers this movie is like a repeated kick in the groin.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on September 02, 2012, 11:39:37 AM
Rolf de Heer sure knows how to catch his male audience by the guts, though. For male viewers this movie is like a repeated kick in the groin.

Yes, it certainly was a bit disconcerting, on many levels;  but to address your question in the spoiler alert, all I'll say is that not all men are created equal.

Drakken

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2012, 11:50:29 AM
Yes, it certainly was a bit disconcerting, on many levels;  but to address your question in the spoiler alert, all I'll say is that not all men are created equal.

Still, Steve in that movie is the protagonist, flawed but ultimately a good father and provider. Even Alexandra acknowledges that. It's obvious that he loves his children and he is the Australian everyman, and it's that much obvious that Alexandra has snapped and really wasn't a mentally balanced woman anyway.

[spoiler]As much as Alexandra thinks it is, it's hardly a perfect crime. She left within minutes of Steve escaping, she couldn't have gone far. Even the fat neighbor ended up sympathetic to him, and he could be made to talk by the police.[/spoiler]

Besides wouldn't other neighbors, or even Steve's own family, notice something is amiss? The windows shut down with metal, the children having disappeared, the wife gone, the husband distraught, [spoiler]the receipts in the drawer that told that she had passports made for them behind his back?[/spoiler]