News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

I didn't think they were dumb because they were primitive, I thought they were dumb because they wear spear wielding carebears :D

*Edit* and  to annoy Star Wars fans more, Luke always a whiny disposition, so giving up (surrendering) suited his chapter ;) :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2023, 02:54:28 PMI didn't think they were dumb because they were primitive, I thought they were dumb because they wear spear welding carebears :D

*Edit* and  to annoy Star Wars fans more, Luke always a whiny disposition, so giving up (surrendering) suited his chapter ;) :lol:

Which is why his character arc in TLJ was so appropriate... He gives up on the new Jedi order, then refuses to actually fight Kylo Ren.  :whistle:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

I love the Jabba palace/skiff scenes myself, and the climax is wonderful. It caps Vader and Luke's story wonderfully.

Lucas did this thing where part 2 of the Indy/Star Wars sagas are weird and dark, and then he got pushback and for part 3 he reused the same elements of part 1 (Death star! Nazis looking for a thing!).

Josquius

It wasn't until I got online that I learned ROTJ was somehow controversial and seen as the weak link of the series. Watching the films myself I saw no issue.
The Ewoks looking cute but actually being bad arses...meh. Don't judge a book by its cover. Typical lesson.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

I always liked Empire best, but I remember loving Return of the Jedi as a kid. Watched it repeatedly. Had the McDonald's (or was it Burger King) cups. the Ewoks play set.

PDH!

celedhring

When I was a kid Empire was my least favorite of the trilogy. After the walker scene (which conversely was my favorite scene in the entire trilogy) I was bored out of my mind, and the climax was just them escaping from a mining station?

It slowly became my favorite as I grew up.

Grey Fox

My entirely unpopular opinion is that all 9 movies are bad. Each in their own different way.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 30, 2023, 11:42:16 AMMy entirely unpopular opinion is that all 9 movies are bad. Each in their own different way.

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel shame for thinking it.

Grey Fox

It's fine. I can always watch Clone Wars or Rebels to hide in my shame.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 30, 2023, 11:42:16 AMMy entirely unpopular opinion is that all 9 movies are bad. Each in their own different way.

You are a monster and should be driven into a haunted hut in the middle of a forest somewhere.
PDH!

Barrister

I mean there's a reason that the original film Star Wars is the 4th highest grossing movie of all time (adjusted for inflation), and TFA is #10.  And TPM is #23, ESB #24...

Josquius

BANNED
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Please understand that GF was deeply traumatized when that video of him practicing the light saber went viral.

Grey Fox

:lol:

I'm not Ghyslain. Dude's a beast of a man.

That said, he was deeply traumatized by the 1st example of going viral. We should not make jokes on it.

Don't get me wrong, I love star wars. Just not the Skywalker saga. Individually, I find all the movies to be boring or only interesting when seen thru nostalgia lenses.

Darth Wagtaros

Kid didn't deserve that.  Like when the Razzies made some young girl a winner, the Internet is cruel to children.
PDH!