News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on August 20, 2016, 09:58:30 AM
So, garbo, have you seen Looking: the Movie?

Watching it right now. Just as boring and charming as the tv series.

No, I still need to finish watching the show as season 2 was still airing when I moved to the UK.

I would like Andrew Haigh to come up with a new project. Been quite sometime since Weekend.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on August 20, 2016, 08:34:01 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2016, 02:39:46 PM
Quote from: Josephus on August 19, 2016, 08:44:28 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2016, 08:10:41 AM
Quote from: Josephus on August 19, 2016, 07:51:15 AM
That last episode was amazing.

Oh good. Can't wait. :)

I won't say anything else then. Let us know when you've seen it.

:D

[spoiler]They really do like fucking around with the notion of an unreliable point of view, don't they?[/spoiler]

Yup. Thought it was pretty well done.

I am curious thought about what [spoiler]the website's real analog was or did he just completely make up any drama with the guy who was supposedly a host for a website?[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2016, 10:09:31 AM

[spoiler]They really do like fucking around with the notion of an unreliable point of view, don't they?[/spoiler]

I am curious thought about what [spoiler]the website's real analog was or did he just completely make up any drama with the guy who was supposedly a host for a website?[/spoiler]

What are you people talking about? Stranger Things?

Habbaku

I'm going to grant you a super power today, Martinus.  Click on the oldest post in that quoted thread.  Then scroll up slightly.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Mr Robot I think.

Love the approach though Marti. Like an old woman two tables away trying to join a conversation :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

What ARE you people talking about? Is it MacGyver?
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Fuck you. I can't be arsed to scroll up. Anyway, what the fuck is Mr. Robot? :D

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 20, 2016, 10:20:19 AM
Mr Robot I think.

Love the approach though Marti. Like an old woman two tables away trying to join a conversation :lol:

:lol:

That is pretty good.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on August 20, 2016, 10:43:02 AM
Fuck you. I can't be arsed to scroll up. Anyway, what the fuck is Mr. Robot? :D

An American show about hackers in New York. Buzzfeed and Amazon finally wore be down with all their product placement for it - and it is pretty good. Season season is airing now.

garbon

Oh and to close out on Stranger Things.

[spoiler]I don't see why they need to make a next series. Everything was really wrapped up apart from that pointless bit near the end that clearly happened solely to leave the door open for another season. I think those people, in that town, have been traumatized enough though.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Also, poor Barb.[/spoiler]

Josephus

Not sure what you mean. I think that was all real.[spoiler] The guy was likely a prison guard who corralled him into doing it--it explains him being beaten up and everything else. [/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on August 20, 2016, 12:09:42 PM

Not sure what you mean. I think that was all real.[spoiler] The guy was likely a prison guard who corralled him into doing it--it explains him being beaten up and everything else. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]So on a computer in the prison?[/spoiler]

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2016, 12:28:59 PM[spoiler]So on a computer in the prison?[/spoiler]

Yes. [spoiler] Which makes sense, The whole time I was wondering why he HAD to use Black Guys' computer--why he couldn't just get a lap top or use his house one or whatever. [/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on August 20, 2016, 01:38:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2016, 12:28:59 PM[spoiler]So on a computer in the prison?[/spoiler]

Yes. [spoiler] Which makes sense, The whole time I was wondering why he HAD to use Black Guys' computer--why he couldn't just get a lap top or use his house one or whatever. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Well actually they covered that. He was refusing to let himself use a computer 1) because of Mr. Robot and 2) he feared what would happen as he inevitably went down his path of snooping and getting people caught by police. None of it was very credible but that was also the case as we knew Christian Slater was still part of the cast. :D[/spoiler]