And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 02, 2016, 04:27:51 PM
Quote from: celedhring on July 02, 2016, 09:11:38 AM
I haven't watched the 4th season so I don't know if that one's good, but I have always dug the "cynical version of West Wing" angle of House of Cards once he gets to the top.

It doesn't help with getting overtly/blatantly preachy with its plot devices (e.g. gun control and NSA/phone tapping).  And the "zomg, this Google-esque search engine basically controls votes, human free will means nothing!" malarky.

As opposed to say the awesomeness of when you have someone aiming to be President killing someone himself?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

frunk

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 02, 2016, 03:59:25 PM
EFNY is a good, campy movie...but Snake Pliskin doesn't really come off as terribly menacing.  And EFLA just takes the campiness and dunks into into more, deep fried campiness.

I think my opinion is primarily shaped by EFNY and Big Trouble.  He's supposed to be this bad ass but mostly he's a big softy that lucks into things going his way while other characters do the heavy lifting.

HVC

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 02, 2016, 04:32:49 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 02, 2016, 04:28:26 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2016, 04:27:18 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 02, 2016, 04:21:15 PM
did he have a tragic vegetable chopping accident?

You just weren't paying attention to the 1970s, were you?
... I wasn't alive in the 70s :unsure:

:secret:  That argument will only make him angrier. 
shhh I wanted to hear him snap and go on a rant :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

I suspect CdM has a giant line-up of ready-to-use Loony Toons animated gifs.  :P

HVC

You can't use Daffy Duck against me. He's my spirit animal
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Too goddamned bad.  Your spirit animal?  I LIVE THAT SHIT

11B4V

Quote from: HVC on July 02, 2016, 04:28:26 PM

... I wasn't alive in the 70s :unsure:

Nothing special happened anyway.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 02, 2016, 04:49:05 PM

You shut your piehole.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2016, 04:58:20 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 02, 2016, 04:49:05 PM

You shut your piehole.

Sanford and Son & The Jefferson's was good.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 02, 2016, 05:02:02 PM
Sanford and Son & The Jefferson's was good.

Just had to go there. Why not toss in Welcome Back, Kotter for the Jew hat trick while you're at it, Archie?

celedhring

Ah, the "Kurt Russell gets superpowers" trilogy. Loved those as a kid.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2016, 04:47:21 PM
Too goddamned bad.  Your spirit animal?  I LIVE THAT SHIT

I'd like to hope that Foghorn Leghorn is my spirit animal...but I usually get Wylie Coyote.  :(

celedhring

The Amazing Spider-Man (the one with that Garfield fella). I thought Spider-Man movies were supposed to be fun? Overlong pseudo-emo bore. Crap villain to boot.