Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: HVC on November 09, 2015, 03:33:30 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2015, 03:27:00 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 09, 2015, 03:20:42 PM
[spoiler]So there are only two black people in the whole universe, and they're related to each other? Lol[/spoiler]

Are you one of those guys who does not acknowledge the prequels or something? Because if so :thumbsup:
i don't do it on purpose, I just kind of forget them. Took me a second to think about who you were talking about.

Fuckin' racist.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: viper37 on November 09, 2015, 03:18:50 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2015, 02:48:03 PM
Oh, it's Star Wars the 2nd generation?! ;)
the girl is likely Han Solo's long lost daughter ;)

My guess is she's Luke's daughter. And the baddie is Han and Leia's son.

There is some indication that they know each other. Cousins seems a good guess.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: celedhring on November 09, 2015, 03:53:22 PM
[spoiler]I hope it isn't a movie where everybody is the son of somebody from the original trilogy.[/spoiler]

That's what it is.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

They have repeatedly said it's the continuing Skywalker saga.

MadImmortalMan

Michael Bay is making a Benghazi movie.

katmai

It's been made, just waiting on release :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

I see that "Ash vs the Evil Dead" is carried by Netflix Spain. Will I regret it if I subscribe just for that? (I'm already subscribed to a number of streaming sites).

viper37

Hunting Hitler: don't follow this trail

Sometimes, I see an ad for a new tv show that I will find intriguing in the first seconds of the pitch only for my interest to disapear by the end of the 30 seconds commercial.  I am glad that once again my bullshit meter was proven true and I did not waste time watching this show :)

It is sad however to see how low has sunked History Channel :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

So, has anyone seen the Hollow Crown?

With John Hurt, Patrick Stewart, Ben Whishaw, Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hiddleston and others, this seems like a historical drama worthy of "I Claudius". I can't believe I somehow completely missed it.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on November 11, 2015, 03:42:11 PM
So, has anyone seen the Hollow Crown?

With John Hurt, Patrick Stewart, Ben Whishaw, Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hiddleston and others, this seems like a historical drama worthy of "I Claudius". I can't believe I somehow completely missed it.

Saw one part by chance. Nice in its way but not classic material IMHO.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on November 11, 2015, 03:06:37 PM

Sometimes, I see an ad for a new tv show that I will find intriguing in the first seconds of the pitch only for my interest to disapear by the end of the 30 seconds commercial.  I am glad that once again my bullshit meter was proven true and I did not waste time watching this show :)

Eh this is actually the History Channel on the upswing. About a decade ago it got focused on UFOs and aliens building the pyramids and shit. At least Hitler really existed.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 12, 2015, 07:24:13 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 11, 2015, 03:06:37 PM

Eh this is actually the History Channel on the upswing. About a decade ago it got focused on UFOs and aliens building the pyramids and shit. At least Hitler really existed.
I think they still have Ancient Aliens, I remember seeing ads for this and it wasn't a decade ago.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on November 12, 2015, 09:32:50 AM
I think they still have Ancient Aliens, I remember seeing ads for this and it wasn't a decade ago.

I said it started a decade ago. It is ongoing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive