News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Viking on October 13, 2011, 04:42:19 PM
If Dinos was good enough for Jurassic Park it's good enough for Terra Nova.
Jurassic Park was one movie.  By the 2nd, it was already getting weaker and the 3rd was a mindless slash action film.
Besides, you were the one complaining about people running away from dangerous dinosaurs in the first episode.  You want to see that for 15 hours?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on October 13, 2011, 04:33:56 PM
OK, I'll try Revenge.  I still have hopes for Terra Nova.  It could become interesting at some point.

I tried Camelot, I abandoned after the 4th episode.

Yes, I abandoned Camelot around the same time too.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on October 13, 2011, 03:27:58 PM
I watched the pilot to Revenge, and that, right now seems more interesting than either of those two, so I might give that a go.

Revenge is pretty entertaining even if some of her schemes are a bit far-fetched. I thought I'd hate it and it is one of my favorite new shows this fall.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

I watched Pasolini's Salò. It was full of shit.

garbon

Zoolander

Just as fun as I remembered it. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on October 13, 2011, 11:46:13 AM

Why do there have to be mystery runes and sixers? Aren't dinosaurs enough?

groan.... if I'm only gonna ff through the episodes I'm not gonna bother pirating the episodes...

No, you need Sleestak as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Community was a bit insane this week. More Chevy Chase, the better.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Penn and Teller Tell a Lie - the "Science or Fiction" segment from Skeptics Guide to the Universe brought to TV. It was well enough done so I couldn't guess or know which of my two candidates were the lie. It was a good bit of educational TV with magic scenes thrown in. Though I would have liked a PSA at the end explaining clearly why the lie was a lie and making clear to idiots at home that trying it is really really stupid.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 14, 2011, 07:17:43 AM
Community was a bit insane this week. More Chevy Chase, the better.

KRonn

Movies on TV. What I hate is when they put the black borders around the picture, taking a few inches off the top and bottom. I think it's supposed to somewhat replicate the theater screen or something but it's loutsy. It just cuts off the top and bottome of the movie pics.   <_<

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Community is a jewel, and this episode was solid gold.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: KRonn on October 14, 2011, 06:52:26 PM
Movies on TV. What I hate is when they put the black borders around the picture, taking a few inches off the top and bottom. I think it's supposed to somewhat replicate the theater screen or something but it's loutsy. It just cuts off the top and bottome of the movie pics.   <_<

The widescreen nazis are gonna come after you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 14, 2011, 07:47:00 PM
Quote from: KRonn on October 14, 2011, 06:52:26 PM

The widescreen nazis are gonna come after you.

I think he is talking about intentionally cutting off content on the top and bottom, not legitimate letterbox'ing.

As if they took standard tv sized programming and tried to artificially letterbox it.  That's just as bad as the reverse.

Seems l

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on October 13, 2011, 09:11:17 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 13, 2011, 11:46:13 AM

Why do there have to be mystery runes and sixers? Aren't dinosaurs enough?

groan.... if I'm only gonna ff through the episodes I'm not gonna bother pirating the episodes...

No, you need Sleestak as well.
A dark and gritty Land of the Lost remake would be cool.  Make them a dysfunctional family who went on a camping trip as one last ditch attempt to get it together and save themselves from the anger and guilt and whatever after the wife and mother killed herself for reasons that will slowly be revealed over the course of the first couple of seasons.

That Penn adn Teller series was cool.
PDH!