News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Maximus wins the Bad Taste in Movies award. He hates Star Wars.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 24, 2014, 07:20:22 PM
Maximus wins the Bad Taste in Movies award. He hates Star Wars.

He's an Engineer, they are weird people.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

"There's just no way the hyperdrive, as depicted, would work."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

"And a "hydrospanner"?  What does that even mean?"

Viking

Quote from: garbon on March 24, 2014, 06:45:41 PM
Last night's episode of The Good Wife was pretty shocking. Though they spoiled it today on a facebook update so I wasn't as shocked as I could have been. [spoiler]I think I'm rather a fan of this way of getting rid of a long-term character.[/spoiler]

Will the Indian Lesbian Private Investigator get her own spin off show? Cause I'd watch that.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

Isn't she bisexual?

That's a great show but I have a lot of trouble watching it.  They get a ton of details about Chicago wrong. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 24, 2014, 02:31:37 PM
Zodiac gets a B+? Mein Gott. You need to start eating meat again.

Zodiac was okay-ish.
I love that film. I've forced it on so many people and so far only one person has enjoyed it nearly as much as I have  :Embarrass:

QuoteNow see, here's a proper review of a proper movie.  AND DONT FORGET GENE PITNEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZTX0RBlqnM   ?
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

It's all pink inside, man.

Capetan Mihali

I somehow contracted Ide's raging DePalmabola and watched Body Double yesterday.  It was pretty ridiculous, but pretty great, I have to admit.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Oh man, Body Double is a fantastic piece of over-the-top 80's cinema.  It's so awesome. :lol:

Now go flush it out with Carlito's Way:P

Queequeg

Penelope Anne Miller is incredibly, perfectly hot in that. :wub:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

I'm with Edgar Wright. This music should be in every film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPf-7TX3VWc
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 24, 2014, 10:26:40 PM
I somehow contracted Ide's raging DePalmabola and watched Body Double yesterday.  It was pretty ridiculous, but pretty great, I have to admit.

So you love Snake Eyes and Mission to Mars and Femme Fatale now, too, yes? :P

In fairness to me, I gave Sisters and Obsession bad grades.  I didn't want to. :(

If I hadn't unhooked my computer from my TV--it can be technologically tedious to reconnect them, don't ask me why--I'd very likely be watching Phantom of the Paradise.  It's on the Prime.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)