News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2013, 11:19:44 PM
With luck, they'll use the Gwen Stefani track as a theme song! :D

:bleeding:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on November 20, 2013, 12:47:49 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 19, 2013, 11:13:39 PM
Fucking hell <_<
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/nov/19/its-a-wonderful-life-sequel
It's the downside to copyright expiry.  Schmucks get to fuck with the classics. :(
There's nothing especially wrong with that.  It's the way it should be.  The public should take care of shunning this abomination.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 20, 2013, 12:54:15 AM
Jackson's Kong was perfect. I would never support another remake. -_-

How about a King Kong vs. Godzilla remake?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Saw 4 minutes of Movie 43. Long enough to see Hugh Jackman with a pair of prosthetic balls hanging down his neck. :x

lustindarkness

I've made it to seaon 2 episode 10 of The Walking Dead, and to page 71 (end of Feb 2012) in this thread for TWD comments.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

viper37

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 20, 2013, 03:26:41 PM
I've made it to seaon 2 episode 10 of The Walking Dead, and to page 71 (end of Feb 2012) in this thread for TWD comments.

Only 885 pages to go! :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

lustindarkness

Quote from: viper37 on November 20, 2013, 04:11:25 PM

Only 885 pages to go! :)

216 pages to go :), default :contract:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

viper37

Revenge
I finally got it.  If I am to watch this show on fast forward, why do I bother?  So, it's the end of it.  Give me a medal of sommink :P

Almost Human
Watched the first 2 episodes.  Figure Hawaii 5-0, NCIS:LA but with a sci-fi setting instead of beach and sun and that's about it.

Marvel Shield
It seems to have gone a little better in the last two weeks.  Still well below average, imho.

Black Sails
Gotcha.  It only starts on January 25th ;)  Looks to be good, probably similar to Spartacus in style, as this is from Starz too.  Hopefully, some Canadian network will carry it.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on November 20, 2013, 05:41:35 PM
Marvel Shield
It seems to have gone a little better in the last two weeks.  Still well below average, imho.

Eh, the average show is completely unwatchable, so it's a bit above average.

Scipio

I think that SHIELD keeps getting better.

Peter MacNicol in the most recent episode is gravy for the supergeek.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Savonarola

The Spiders (1919)

Fritz Lang's earliest surviving film stars Carl de Vogt as the irrepressible Kay Hoog, millionaire adventurer.  This was supposed to be a four part serial, but only the first two parts were made.  The first one is like an Indiana Jones adventure; Kay travels to the land of the Inca where he finds a fortune in gold; but a sinister organization, the Spiders, are close on his tail.  Kay barely survives his encounter, and leaves with none of the gold; but he does rescue a priestess and finds that love is the greatest treasure of all.   :)

The second film starts to turn into Lang's more famous serial, Dr. Mabuse.  The Spiders are back (with just the beer light to guide them) but this time they have masters of telepathy and hypnosis.

The evil genius who leads the Spiders is a woman, Lio Sha (Ressel Orla.)  She wears a spider broach similar to one that my wife has... :o
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

lustindarkness

And we watched two more. One more episode and we will be done with season 2. And it seems to be a good one.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Savonarola on November 20, 2013, 07:50:08 PM
The second film starts to turn into Lang's more famous serial, Dr. Mabuse.

I enjoyed the first installment of Der Spieler.  The beginning is particularly memorable where Mabuse lambastes his assistant for sniffing cocaine on his lunch break.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)