Germania
4 (13.3%)
Fling a virgin into a volcano in Iceland
9 (30%)
Other
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2010, 06:28:18 PMMoney is no object. Within reason. I won't tip however.

The insult will be lost on the poor Euros, alas :(

Anyways, rent a chateau somewhere in the South of France and go gambling in Monte Carlo.

PDH

None of the above. Nuka Hiva, Marquesas. If you really like it you could change your name to Davout and retire there.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2010, 06:28:18 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 21, 2010, 06:23:01 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2010, 06:03:23 PMThey stay home. the second set of twins should be okay with nannies and in-laws. Or I'll just leave them at the kennel.

I'd pick Southern France then.  You going upscale, what with you being a member of the managerial class and all?

Money is no object. Within reason. I won't tip however.

Having just come back from Japan, I'd highly recommend it.  It's an awesome place.

A bit pricey, but also tipping is verboten there.

Jacob

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 21, 2010, 11:22:20 PMHaving just come back from Japan, I'd highly recommend it.  It's an awesome place.

Post an AAR somewhere.

Alatriste

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 21, 2010, 05:21:20 PM
The Med.  Go in September, after the eurothrongs have receded.  That applies to any European vacation BTW.

Wise words. Temperatures in September are more comfortable and the Horde has returned to the steppes, so to speak.

Of the options I would say Paris. Weather can be rainy, but Paris is über romantic when it rains. Laconia, on the other hand, is a bad, bad idea with any weather, but in Summer it gets unbearably hot an dry.

Lucidor

How about the Scandinavian nutsack, i.e. Sweden? I know you want to!

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jacob on April 21, 2010, 11:40:59 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 21, 2010, 11:22:20 PMHaving just come back from Japan, I'd highly recommend it.  It's an awesome place.

Post an AAR somewhere.

Working on it.  ;)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2010, 02:50:15 PM
I owe my wife one(1) vacation. So I decided to poll the biggest collection of know nothings, losers, virgins, and 'tards on the internet for suggestions on a late summer-early fall vacation.

Your suggestions will be noted, then ignored.

Right out: Portugal, aka "Rapeland". The UK. The Nordic wang. Eastern Europe. The Middle East. India. Enemies of the Republic.
Rapeland? :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

Of the options provided, I like Provence. But throw in some Rhineland too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sophie Scholl

Germania.  Reenact some of your favorite "Hitler reacts to..." scenes.  Also, you can give your child bride a castle to explore and indulge in Oktoberfest if timed correctly.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2010, 04:04:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 21, 2010, 03:32:33 PM
Anyways, I vote for Italy.  Yes, it is full of eggplants, but it was also the home of Sulla.

I'd be open to Tuscany and the north. Except Venice. bleh.

Good choice.  Venice stinks in the summer but Tuscany is nice.  They even have a mental disorder associated with it.  People see so much cool stuff they go nuts.  I'd avoid going south of Rome though.  The further south you go the more you get the feeling you are in the Mexico of Europe.

My brother went to Europe last year.  French and Germans were clean, friendly, and helpful.  Dutch were creepy pushers and the British were assholes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pedrito

Come to Italy: I can apply as your translator/road king/proscription list executioner :shifty:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

Vienna. :shifty:

Visit the corwn jewels of the HRE, Mexico and Habsburg Austria and see the car/uniform that Franz Ferdinand was killed in. Also: SCHNITZEL!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Barcelona looks awesome but enough for a trans-atlantic voyage on its own?
That and then France or Italy?
██████
██████
██████

Alatriste

Quote from: Tyr on April 22, 2010, 05:34:27 AM
Barcelona looks awesome but enough for a trans-atlantic voyage on its own?
That and then France or Italy?

One full week is indeed too much for Barcelona, in my humble opinion.

I found Italy lovely, and Venice specially so but it was November... actually we dined at Cassino one night and the fog was so dense our bus literally crawled at 10-15 km/h for two hours until we reached our destination; I didn't see a damned thing but got a very exact idea of the difficulties soldiers had to deal with in 1943-44.