Germania
4 (13.3%)
Fling a virgin into a volcano in Iceland
9 (30%)
Other
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Ed Anger

I owe my wife one(1) vacation. So I decided to poll the biggest collection of know nothings, losers, virgins, and 'tards on the internet for suggestions on a late summer-early fall vacation.

Your suggestions will be noted, then ignored.

Right out: Portugal, aka "Rapeland". The UK. The Nordic wang. Eastern Europe. The Middle East. India. Enemies of the Republic.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valdemar

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2010, 02:50:15 PM
I owe my wife one(1) vacation. So I decided to poll the biggest collection of know nothings, losers, virgins, and 'tards on the internet for suggestions on a late summer-early fall vacation.

Your suggestions will be noted, then ignored.

Right out: Portugal, aka "Rapeland". The UK. The Nordic wang. Eastern Europe. The Middle East. India. Enemies of the Republic.

Depends on what you want to do. Cities, museums, nature, scenery, food?

V

Savonarola

Don't waste your money, instead visit the Lake Erie Archipelago:

http://www.shoresandislands.com/visitors/do/islands/

It's just like the Greek Islands but with roller coasters rather than headless statues.  Best of all you can explore the islands by golf cart.  From the site:

QuoteThe Lake Erie Islands can only be reached by boat or plane. Cars are permitted on all three islands; however, you'll have greater freedom to discover each island's natural beauty by bicycle or golf cart. Rental shops are located within walking distance of the islands' ferry docks.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

I don't see Italy on either the voting list, or the "right out" list.   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Savonarola on April 21, 2010, 03:02:17 PM
Don't waste your money, instead visit the Lake Erie Archipelago:

http://www.shoresandislands.com/visitors/do/islands/

It's just like the Greek Islands but with roller coasters rather than headless statues.  Best of all you can explore the islands by golf cart.  From the site:

QuoteThe Lake Erie Islands can only be reached by boat or plane. Cars are permitted on all three islands; however, you'll have greater freedom to discover each island's natural beauty by bicycle or golf cart. Rental shops are located within walking distance of the islands' ferry docks.

Hilarious. it would be like Geneva on the Lake. But the lure of not actually walking is strong.

I want to be carried around on a litter.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Anyways, I vote for Italy.  Yes, it is full of eggplants, but it was also the home of Sulla.

Sheilbh

Not sure.  Depends on what you want.  Personally South of France :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on April 21, 2010, 03:32:33 PM
Anyways, I vote for Italy.  Yes, it is full of eggplants, but it was also the home of Sulla.

I'd be open to Tuscany and the north. Except Venice. bleh.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2010, 04:04:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 21, 2010, 03:32:33 PM

I'd be open to Tuscany and the north. Except Venice. bleh.

Tuscany is awesome.  The north was also awesome, although it was a little odd for us as we have no shortage of spectacular mountain views at home.

Venice and Rome were on the one hand less awesome, but absolutely NEED to be seen at least once.

Unfortunately I can't think of any Sulla-specific monuments.  :(

Tamas

Yeah, northern Italy.

Out of your list (which is total FAIL due to exclusion of Hungary, btw), I would most certainly prefer Paris over Barcelona. The latter is very nice as well but Paris is much more touristy in the well known landmarks kind of way. Unless of course your wife is into psychedelic architecture, then by all means go to Barcelona.