News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

I saw Showgirls. Possibly the worst "must-see" movie there is(unless you're like Malthus and enjoy watching train wrecks). It may be right about one thing most movies aren't- character development is a myth. People don't change.
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Ed Anger

Looks like we are going to have to suffer through a new wave of ricer fags. That fast and furious movie is doing well this weekend. :weep:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Watchmen - Brilliant cinematography and an awesome soundtrack. Would have liked to see the original ending but the one they used worked well. I give it 4 & 1/2 stars out of 5.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2009, 06:44:34 AM
Quote from: The Brain on April 05, 2009, 03:19:43 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 05, 2009, 12:31:06 AM
The Prophecy, from 1995. I remember seeing it when I was 11

My God man you are a child!
Actually, 25 is when children start to become persons, so he isn't a child anymore.
The Pro-Choicers have it wrong. Personhood begins at 25, more or less. Therefore, abortion should be legal up to the age of 25.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

The Replacements.  Keanu Reeves is the plucky quarterback on a team of misfit scabs during the NFL player strike.  It's as awful as its reputation.

vinraith

W - Alternately amusing and infuriating, rather like the Bush administration. Thandie Newton's Condie impression was distractingly bad, but most of the acting was sound. The script was very Oliver Stone, and perhaps excessively cartoonish, but it was ultimately more fun to watch than I'd have anticipated. :thumbsup:

Oh, and playing Dylans "God on Our Side" over the ending credits was inspired.

Neil

Quote from: vinraith on April 05, 2009, 02:50:51 PM
W - Alternately amusing and infuriating, rather like the Bush administration. Thandie Newton's Condie impression was distractingly bad, but most of the acting was sound. The script was very Oliver Stone, and perhaps excessively cartoonish, but it was ultimately more fun to watch than I'd have anticipated. :thumbsup:

Oh, and playing Dylans "God on Our Side" over the ending credits was inspired.
I agree.  Cromwell's Bush Sr. was a lot of fun, especially in the dream sequence.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2009, 06:45:11 AM
Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2009, 04:08:21 AM
Fast & Furious.
Why do that to yourself?  You're not a 15-year old boy.  That movie wasn't for you.

:D

My friends picked it and I didn't pay for the ticket, my excuse and i'm sticking to it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Also saw part of Doomsday.  The hott chick from Ali-G gets buffed up and beats the shit out of canabilistic biker gangs and fully armored knights in post-Apocalyptic England.  Unfortunately since Kate Beckinsale stopped making Underworld movies there's no chance of a latex knife fight to see who's turf this genre is.

Capetan Mihali

L'Atalante directed by Jean Vigo just before his premature death from tuberculosis in 1934.  Great, funny movie with some amazing shots, following a newly married couple living aboard a barge in France.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 05, 2009, 07:01:13 PM
Also saw part of Doomsday.  The hott chick from Ali-G gets buffed up and beats the shit out of canabilistic biker gangs and fully armored knights in post-Apocalyptic England.  Unfortunately since Kate Beckinsale stopped making Underworld movies there's no chance of a latex knife fight to see who's turf this genre is.

You do know the woman from Doomsday is one that took over kinda in the last Underworld?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2009, 08:03:48 PM
You do know the woman from Doomsday is one that took over kinda in the last Underworld?
I do now!:yeah:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2009, 08:12:40 AM
Looks like we are going to have to suffer through a new wave of ricer fags. That fast and furious movie is doing well this weekend. :weep:

On the plus side, some of them will die in the next few weeks.

Admiral Yi

Can a kraut or a kraut speaker tell me what the guy says at the end of Private Ryan as he plunges the bayonet into the Jew's treacherous Jew heart?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 05, 2009, 07:01:13 PM

It's Scotland.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.