My favorite Disney movie
Have you seen The Jungle Book?

Korea

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2009, 03:00:53 PM
Quote from: Korea on April 04, 2009, 11:35:36 AM
The Incredibles

My favorite Disney movie
Have you seen The Jungle Book?

Yes. A very long time ago and I didn't care for it (I think)
I want my mother fucking points!

BuddhaRhubarb

watched "Pervert's Guide To Cinema with the vaguely charming in a Balkan way Zizek! as narrator. Directed by one of those female Fienneseses.

If you want to know what film 101 classes are like but don't want to audit a local class, watch this. Zizek gives interesting but typical and not radical in the least interpretations of Hitch, Tarkovsky, Wachowski Bros, and even George Lucas in one tidbit. It's all cheeky with him in the actual locations of the films he's on about in his very very Freudian (at least he really gets Freud unlike many film crits) anaylsis of Blonde women, erotic impulses, death drives and so on.

Very old school "film school", though, usually the other half of your Profs were Marxist (no no commies... "marxist" in their socratic understanding/discussion  of film theory) ... I think Zizek would be a fun lecturer to have in your film 101 year. But if you're already well educated, and well read (not that I've been keeping current with the journals mind you, neither has Zizek, based on this) it might get a bit boring as there isn't much that's new if you've actually studied the films therein. Which non-film students won't have seen many of the cited pieces.

6.9966996699 Werner Herzogian sidebars on the horrible nature of nature outta 10
:p

Queequeg

Dial M for Murder

Technically very good, with strong performances all around, but not on par with Rear Window, Strangers on a Train, Vertigo or Psycho.  Slightly disappointing, though frankly I'm a much bigger fan of thrillers than howcatchems.  The murder scene is incredibly well done, however.

Sexy Beast
For the second time.  Amazing move, frequently underestimated.  Fascinating how tasteless the Brits can be, they manage to make the Italian Mafia look cunt fucking tasteful fucking cunts no no no no no no no!
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

I'm spacing on the title again.  Set in Spain, a Jewish girl takes her Palestinian fiance home to meet her family.  An Almodovarish comedy with everything that can go wrong going wrong.  The movie culminates with a furious 30 second argument in the bathroom between the two main characters which manages to cover every single argument concerning Israel and Palestine.  I enjoyed.

FunkMonk

The Prophecy, from 1995. I remember seeing it when I was 11 and thought it was the coolest movie ever. Pretty campy looking back at it now, but it still has the best scene featuring a field of angels impaled on spikes in heaven that I've ever seen. Also, Christopher Walken is brilliant as the angel of death. Oh, and Viggo Mortenson plays Lucifer.

:thumbsup:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 05, 2009, 12:31:06 AM
The Prophecy, from 1995. I remember seeing it when I was 11

My God man you are a child!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Octavian

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2009, 04:08:21 AM
Fast & Furious.

Wrong thread!

This is the "movies you've recently watched" thread and not the "describe your sex last night" thread.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2009, 10:44:29 PM
I'm spacing on the title again.  Set in Spain, a Jewish girl takes her Palestinian fiance home to meet her family.  An Almodovarish comedy with everything that can go wrong going wrong.  The movie culminates with a furious 30 second argument in the bathroom between the two main characters which manages to cover every single argument concerning Israel and Palestine.  I enjoyed.
"Meet the Yassids"?

Also, just the fact that it is set in Spain does not make it "Almodovarish". Unless one of the characters is a trannie hooker who dies in a freak accident while trying to give a blowjob to her estranged uncle.

Martinus

Quote from: Octavian on April 05, 2009, 04:26:33 AM
Fast & Furious.

Wrong thread!

This is the "movies you've recently watched" thread and not the "describe your sex last night" thread.
In katmai's case, it would need to be "Home Alone". Or "Animal House".

Martinus

I am considering what to see at a cinema today. If I don't find anything I haven't see that I would like to see, I'm going to go watch Brideshead Revisited for the second time. -_-

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on April 05, 2009, 04:35:10 AM

In katmai's case, it would need to be "Home Alone". Or "Animal House".

I am neither Raz or Brainiac so no.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: The Brain on April 05, 2009, 03:19:43 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 05, 2009, 12:31:06 AM
The Prophecy, from 1995. I remember seeing it when I was 11

My God man you are a child!
Actually, 25 is when children start to become persons, so he isn't a child anymore.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Fast & Furious.
Why do that to yourself?  You're not a 15-year old boy.  That movie wasn't for you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.