News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

bottle rocket- bleeehhhhh. Moments of good hinting at whats to come but overall it doesn't fit together.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 29, 2009, 04:50:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2009, 02:32:52 PM
God that movie was tedious I couldn't sit through the whole thing.
Try reading the book :bleeding:

I hear the film's a bit shit.  I watched the old Jeremy Irons version a while ago and thought that was very good.
Well for what it is worth, one of the biggest criticisms I heard raised against the movie is that it departs significantly from the book rather than following it slavishly. So it might be good in that sense. :P

As I said I liked it, but then again it had like all my favourite themes, so I would have liked it even if it had no plot.

Savonarola

Quote from: Scipio on March 29, 2009, 12:15:53 PM
Buena Vista Social Club.  Quite a hoot.

:thumbsup:

See Standing in the Shadows of Motown if you have not.  It's in a similar vein;but about Motown's studio band, The Funk Brothers.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Capetan Mihali

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning.  Great British new wave/Angry Young Man/kitchen sink film and Albert Finney vehicle from 1960.

"I'm out for a good time -- all the rest is propaganda!"
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

katmai

Quote from: Savonarola on March 29, 2009, 07:45:12 PM
Quote from: Scipio on March 29, 2009, 12:15:53 PM
Buena Vista Social Club.  Quite a hoot.

:thumbsup:

See Standing in the Shadows of Motown if you have not.  It's in a similar vein;but about Motown's studio band, The Funk Brothers.

Good flick, and last drummer from the The Funk Brothers just passed away last week.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

MadBurgerMaker

I watched that Pacino movie "88 Minutes" a couple hours ago.  It's....uh....not so good.

Eochaid

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 30, 2009, 08:26:39 AM
I watched that Pacino movie "88 Minutes" a couple hours ago.  It's....uh....not so good.

That's the understatement of the year. That movie is sodding horrible.

TIC TAC TOC  :lmfao:

Kevin
It's been a while

BuddhaRhubarb

Watched The Collector by Willie Wyler last night. Great film making. Stamp is uber creepy and Samantha Eggar lovely as ever. Awesome film I can't believe I hadn't seen til last night, especially since the book was a fave of mine back in Uni. Though I can't see myself going back and re-reading any Fowles.

8.88888 odes to a time when winning 71,000 Pounds on the football pools set you up with the serial kidnapping lifestyle of your choice in a 400 year old mansion outta 10.
:p

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

Whats the buzz on Terminator 4?  I want to like it, amazing trailer, but the writers and director are questionable. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Queequeg on March 30, 2009, 12:22:46 PM
Whats the buzz on Terminator 4?  I want to like it, amazing trailer, but the writers and director are questionable.

Did you like The Dark Knight?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Queequeg

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 30, 2009, 12:23:56 PM

Loved every second of it, but this has completely different crew and cast besides Bale.  Why?

McG (*cringe*) made everyone read The Road and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, tow great books, but he still strikes me as kind of an idiot.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Queequeg on March 30, 2009, 12:26:37 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 30, 2009, 12:23:56 PM

Loved every second of it, but this has completely different crew and cast besides Bale.  Why?

It has Bale, it's an action movie. It'll be the same but with Robots & no Joker.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Wow, I had no idea Terminator 4 was anywhere near release. Thought it was mired in pre-production.
Interesting...
It probally will sort of suck but its Terminator so coolness will make up for it somewhat.
██████
██████
██████