News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

I'm fine with continuing or restarting. I'm not fine with starting the game at 1am Sunday morning.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Right, so, 10:30 AM tomorrow?  Let's try and get started on time this week.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

I'll be there on time, i wanna see who rage-quits this week!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Liep, I hope you have Steam :P If yes let us know your nick there.

katmai

5 mins till game start and no Liep or Alci :(

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Tamas

Sorry Liep, we have decided on restarting.

Liep

Aww, I thought you already decided on that. Which suited me fine as I need to be out of here in an hour or so. Sorry. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Tamas

Fun session, no big upheveals (1492 start) except that Kleves vonHabsburg of Austria not only inherited Cleves (hehe) but Bavara as well.  :huh:

katmai

I wanna see a map of the French and English empires!

Habbaku

Here's a screenshot of the world situation at the end of the session (note, France has a good share of the West Indies islands--Trinidad, etc--but my shot is a bit too low-resolution to show it) :

And here's one of the respective economies :

I don't have time for in-depth commentary or any more screens at the moment, but I can at least note that I think both Spain and Castille are going to regret spreading so quickly--England to a lesser extent.  Your tech costs are going to be increased quite a bit and those provinces aren't exactly rich at the moment.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Yes Alci is doubly fucked!

I'm sure you meant Spain and I :P

Kleves

I thought I was doing well, but the damned frogs are richer than me. There's no beating those bastards.  <_<

Any chance of a manpower/army size chart, Habs?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Kleves vonCleves, the world trembles before your White blobiness, but sure seems we need to force Tamas to rage quit, who's with me?