News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

-_- Just trying to explain to Kleves--or anyone--why I made the choice to expand the navy so much.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Yeah and with this latest EU installment you have to be very mindful navy-wise against the AI as well. I think it does it by cheating, but it has become very effective in seeking a decisive engagement on favourable terms, and the invasions can be quite good (it's like it knows when your fleet sets sail or something).

Even in this MP game, I prepared my anti-Venice war throughly with ample "garrison fleets" cutting off the various straights and such right from the get go.

As Ottomans, my fleet (not to mention my army) could be a lot bigger, but there has been no need and with being quite aristocratic, and having the national idea of half-cost ships, I can remedy that pretty fast.

Alcibiades

The whore Empress of Castille is the worst monarch even possible in the game, it's ridiculous.  She's worse than regency councils and shes lasted 30 years already.   :yuk:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

I could "Claim Throne" and enforce a personal union on Castille, if you prefer.  ;)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Go for it, but a coalition may be formed since the fear of France is rising.  :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

A fear of France is warranted, to be sure, but in light of the Emperor's virtual equality in arms and money (and this without a single reform passed) a coalition war against her would be ill-advised.  France is only interested in the balance of power and ensuring that no one nation grows large enough to dominate the continent.

Not to say that attempting to gain a personal union over Spain wouldn't be amusing, mind you...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on February 08, 2010, 07:03:21 PM
A fear of France is warranted, to be sure, but in light of the Emperor's virtual equality in arms and money (and this without a single reform passed) a coalition war against her would be ill-advised.  France is only interested in the balance of power and ensuring that no one nation grows large enough to dominate the continent.

Doesn't this describe France already though? I don't know EU3 really, but the SSs so far look like they are running away with the game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Kleves

They would be, were it not for Austria. The Kaiser is all that stands between Europe and the horrors of French domination.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Alcibiades

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

10:30 AM EST.  More realistically, 10:45 as someone will be late.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son