News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israeli organ borrowing revisited

Started by Slargos, December 20, 2009, 08:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 07:30:50 PM
I was entirely agnostic as to the article when it first appeared. It is only now that I deem it credible.
The fact that you find such preposterous things as that Palestinians were "brought back five days later without any organs" makes you gullible; let alone that you believe that the reporter did a series of autopsies to confirm the total lack of any organs so he could report on it as something he had "seen with his own eyes" (for without an autopsy, of course, he couldn't see anything of the sort "with his own eyes").  I hope you will consider giving me a medal when I say "bullshit!"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on December 21, 2009, 08:01:21 PM
That's silly.  Democracies have even more reason to hide potential wrongdoing, due to their fragility.
I would agree, were this political wrongdoing.  It isn't though.  It is some medical type who got carried away and decided not to let technicalities like NOK permissions get in the way of "science!"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Pat

Quote from: grumbler on December 21, 2009, 08:22:00 PM
Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 07:30:50 PM
I was entirely agnostic as to the article when it first appeared. It is only now that I deem it credible.
The fact that you find such preposterous things as that Palestinians were "brought back five days later without any organs" makes you gullible; let alone that you believe that the reporter did a series of autopsies to confirm the total lack of any organs so he could report on it as something he had "seen with his own eyes" (for without an autopsy, of course, he couldn't see anything of the sort "with his own eyes").  I hope you will consider giving me a medal when I say "bullshit!"

"Any organs" were my words, not the article's. A clumpsy way of expressing myself. The article doesn't say that all the organs were removed, nor is that what I believed (though I did in haste do the mistake of expressing myself in a way that would allow you to make a hen of the smallest little feather of ambiguity).

Have you read the article by the way? The way you express yourself makes me think you haven't.

Pat

Warning, possibly NSFW.

BTW, since people don't seem to read the article, and in the interest of people seeing things with their own eyes, here's the picture accompanying the article:

The boy on the picture was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers. His cause of death was already known, yet they took his body with them to perform an "autopsy".

Oh, and btw:

QuoteOrgans were not harvested if it was believed relatives might discover it, he said, adding that in some cases glue was used to close eyelids to hide missing corneas.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/12/21/israel.organs/

Judging by the picture above, I feel quite safe in my assumtion that the same courtesy was not extended to the families of the Palestinians.

Neil

They didn't need the organs anymore.  Let's can the fake outrage.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Pat

Quote from: Neil on December 21, 2009, 08:42:47 PM
They didn't need the organs anymore.  Let's can the fake outrage.

I agree they didn't need the organs anymore. For all I care organ donation could be made mandatory on death (though this is a very different discussion and not one I care to engage in if anyone should have an opposing viewpoint).

I am not faking anything. What even BB, on the other side of the argument, agrees to be the scenario is: "...even if the Palestinians did die of natural causes in Israeli jail and were returned to their families without organs, that is still pretty damn bad"

Which is to say the families of the Palestinians are left to guess if their loved ones really did die of natural causes or not. I don't have to fake anything to find that rather outraging. And I personally believe there to be other possible scenarios, considerably more outraging.

Neil

They're Palestinians.  Who cares how they died?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Pat

Quote from: Neil on December 21, 2009, 09:04:58 PM
They're Palestinians.  Who cares how they died?

Their families, I assume.

Neil

Pat

Neil

Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 09:36:00 PM
You don't have to.
But if I don't care, how can you expect the world at large to be outraged?

Pat

I never expected you to care. Is there any atrocity Israel could commit that you would care about?

DGuller

Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 05:33:38 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 21, 2009, 05:32:30 PM
Did any of the alleged victims actually come forward, or is it just a wild speculation at this point?

The alleged victims are dead.  :lol:
How convenient.  :rolleyes:

Neil

Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 09:47:54 PM
I never expected you to care. Is there any atrocity Israel could commit that you would care about?
Possibly.  If they killed civilized folks, that would certainly earn my ire.  And I don't mean running some hippie cunt over with a bulldozer.

Pat

Do you consider the Israelis to be civilized folks, Neil?