Girl, 10, refuses to go to bed. Mom calls cops, girl gets tasered.

Started by Syt, November 21, 2009, 04:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

TSG: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Girl

QuoteArkansas mother suggested stun gun treatment for unruly daughter

NOVEMBER 18--An Arkansas cop tasered an unruly 10-year-old girl after her mother called police to report that the child was crying, screaming, and refusing to go to bed. The tased girl, Kiara Medlock, is about 65 pounds and 4' 6", according to her father. Anthony Medlock, a truck driver who does not live with the fifth grader and her mother, provided TSG with a recent photo of his daughter, which can be seen at right. According to the below Ozark Police Department report, when Officer Dustin Bradshaw arrived at the residence last Thursday, he found the girl "screaming, kicking, and resisting every time her mother tried to touch her." Bradshaw added that, "Her mother told me to tase her if I needed to." After Kiara continued to refuse her mother's instructions, the cop concluded that "there was not going to be a peaceful resolution of the issue." Bradshaw warned the girl that she was "going to jail," but the child continued kicking and crying and resisted his attempt to handcuff her. During the tussle, Kiara "struck me with her legs and feet in the groin, reported Bradshaw, who countered with a brief "stun to her back" with his Taser. The child, not surprisingly, "immediately stopped resisting and was placed into handcuffs. She would not walk on her own and I had to carry her to my police car." Kiara was then transported to a youth shelter.

:blink:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Martinus

Also, Syt, your knee-jerk anti-American hysteria is duly noted.

I hope this trend develops and flight attendants begin to taser the motherfucking toddlers screaming their lungs out on a plane.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 04:54:35 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 21, 2009, 04:52:50 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 04:51:32 AM
Also, Syt, your knee-jerk anti-American hysteria is duly noted.

:huh:

I figured Berkut is still asleep so I would say it instead. :P

Actually, while I do think that U.S. cops are a bit taser happy at times, I firmly believe that all parents should have tasers for cases like this.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quoteher mother called police to report that the child was crying, screaming, and refusing to go to bed.

At that point, the appropriate response is to tell the mother, "That's not a police matter".

I've defended the actions of the police in the other threads we've had about the use of tasers, but this is just stupid.  That the officeer tasered the girl isn't the problem so much as it's that the police shouldn't have been involved at all.

Lettow77

Man, martinus, really quick to legislate the rights to breeding as a homosexual, arent we?

I dont mind your constant homo rights tirade. I even support it to some small extent. But children are a right a man has, ah..

Edit: Arkansas always sucked. Especially this part.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

DisturbedPervert

If a cop is 'having a difficult time placing the cuffs' on a 10 year old he probably needs to find a new job

Iormlund

Quote from: Syt on November 21, 2009, 05:00:54 AM
Actually, while I do think that U.S. cops are a bit taser happy at times, I firmly believe that all parents should have tasers for cases like this.

Not quite. Those of us who have no children should be the ones with the tasers. Kid bothering you? Tase the whole family and problem solved.

Martinus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 21, 2009, 05:05:21 AM
If a cop is 'having a difficult time placing the cuffs' on a 10 year old he probably needs to find a new job

These little bitches can be tough.

HisMajestyBOB

I'm glad to see some police officers haven't succumb to the liberal pressure and remain tough on crime and delinquency.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help