Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

Quote from: Martinus on November 29, 2009, 05:57:01 AM
Quote from: Cecil on November 28, 2009, 06:47:10 AM
Anyone done the summoning side quest in the mages tower after you run through?

If you pickpocket the dude that appears on the fourth summoning (named Arl Foreshadow ;))you get a hint of DAO2 or an expansion or whatnot.

Yeah, pity I didn't have anyone who could pickpocket him so the guy just disappeared.

He has a list of books on him that he needs to pick up. Basically a this is what the sequel will be all about.  :)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Martinus on November 29, 2009, 05:56:09 AM
I meant the banter with the assassins that want to hire you. And the part about the tower is irrelevant - same goes for most "plot items" but nonetheless it is more fun to have them along since they offer comments and dialogue (for example if you have Morrigan with you in the tower, she talks to you about the grimoire just as you enter it).

You seem to have missed the point of my party planning.

Yeah but she also has a fight with Wynne when you first meet her, and if you say the wrong dialogue you have to kill Wynne right there.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Q:

Do you have to fuck around with the relationship part of the game? The game sounds interesting, but I don't want to fuck around with cartoon sex.

I want to kill shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

You can avoid that part. 'Tis optional, good Ed.

If you DO want it though, you need to give gifts, avoid saying or doing the wrong actions, etc etc..

But its not required to get the full experience.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

You can thank me with a hot meal or two and a spare room when I go to Ohio next year.

Grallon

Beware what mod you use - I think some are incompatible with others.  I installed the respec mod, the party chest mod, the Textures mod (wonderful  it had so much vibrancy to the eyes and hair), the 'Ducan Armor' mod the 'Black Templar Armor' mod and finally the 'Winter Forge' (create - edit your own item) mod.  However after installing this last one I could no longer go to Warden's Keep or see the previous mods.

I'm told others have used this mod without problems...  Use at your own risk.  Though it could have been a bad mix with the previous ones.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

I'm still extremely early in the game, but in playing around with the romance options...

Playing a female toon (I can't escape my stereotype - it's a female elf mage  :Embarrass:), and I have Alistair "interested".  I've also been working on raising Leilani's opinion of me.

How does it work if I romance one, then try to romance the other?  I suppose there's no hott three-way action (:rolleyes: at even the suggestion of it), but will one leave the party if I make moves on the other?

Like Ed I mostly want to kill things, but a brief diversion of "cartoon sex" would briefly amuse my inner 13 year old - as long as it doesn't interfere with my killing things.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

I know Leilana got pissed when I hooked up with Morrigan, and Morrigan was pissed I still talked to Leilana while hooking up with her.  I'm not sure they'll leave the party, but there's definitely all kinds of jealousy going on.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

Yeah, they make you choose one or the other at some point. Lellana went all kind of "I knew something was missing in our relationship" when I started to fuck Zevran, but later apologises and wished us all the best and essentially said she will be my fag hag (we talked about shoes a lot :unsure:). However, you can have a threesome with a non-companion female NPC and Zevran at some point. :P

Jaron

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 30, 2009, 07:22:56 AM
Orzammar is by far the coolest place in that world.

Don't you mean the Deep Roads?

The problem of these games is also their strenght - it's a tightly scripted story so you can't go around like you would in WoW or LotRO.  On the other hand it engages you and delivers in terms of emotional affects.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

I can't wait to get to Orlais myself.  In the sequel hopefully.

G.

~Jean-François Revel