Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

I'm finding it impossible to get anyone in this game to like me.  No matter what I do someone gets pissed off.  Even Alistair is barely above 0 and I listen to his whining all day without complaint, gave him some presents, and took care of a problem for him.

The only one who likes me is my dog Cuddles.

Syt

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 08, 2009, 10:32:26 AM
I'm finding it impossible to get anyone in this game to like me.  No matter what I do someone gets pissed off.  Even Alistair is barely above 0 and I listen to his whining all day without complaint, gave him some presents, and took care of a problem for him.

Leliana has warmed up to me to the point where I could have asked her if she was into women. I told her that she's a cherished friend. :goodboy:

Then she told me at length about the shoe fashion in Orlais. :bleeding:

You'll find hints as to who likes what gifts in their character descriptions in the index.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 08, 2009, 10:31:22 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2009, 07:50:14 AM
Quote from: The Brain on November 08, 2009, 07:45:47 AM
The online account stuff is totally fucked up. I finally managed to create an account but I can't stay logged in. What's the deal?

For me it doesn't show downloadable content, though I guess it should.

You need to be logged on in the game I think.

I am.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 08, 2009, 10:32:26 AM

Morrigan seems to like me well enough, I just talked to her about her life in the Wilds, agreed with her conclusions on the Chantry, etc and gave her a ring. She likes jewelry as a gift. So now we're snogging each other on the road much to Alistairs annoyance.

Btw, how do you rotate members in and out of your party?:blush: I'm just about wrapping Lothering village up.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on November 08, 2009, 11:17:22 AM
Btw, how do you rotate members in and out of your party?:blush: I'm just about wrapping Lothering village up.

Button in the top-center menu, second from the right I think. It's greyed out until you get a fifth party member.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 08, 2009, 11:32:26 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on November 08, 2009, 11:17:22 AM

Button in the top-center menu, second from the right I think. It's greyed out until you get a fifth party member.

Yeah just found Leliana and it opened up.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on November 08, 2009, 09:38:36 AM
Any pointer to the fight with the ogre (I thought he was an archdemon at first!) atop Ishual Tower?

G.

Well I'm playing on low difficulty, but out of my two characters, I noticed a mage had a much easier time. Essentially anything to slow him down or paralyse or whatever is a good idea.

Martinus

I loved the part when Morrigan implied Alistair is a bottom.  :lol:

Jaron

And if you enjoy blood being splattered everywhere 99% of the time. :P

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Korea

So should I get this game on pc (playing on my laptop with the annoying lap top mouse) or on console?
I want my mother fucking points!

Razgovory

Quote from: Korea on November 08, 2009, 12:39:55 PM
So should I get this game on pc (playing on my laptop with the annoying lap top mouse) or on console?

PC.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 08, 2009, 10:30:01 AM

You need to keep your ranged away from him.  Send in your tank and keep him healed and keep aggro on him.  Its a basic MMO battle.

I rarely group in MMOs remember?  besides the controls for these character are somewhat clumsier than those of LotRO or WoW.  Is there any healing other than through poultices and potions anyway?

In any event I decreased the difficulty to Easy and we downed him.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Also I'd like to see what you all look like.  So take screen shots and post them.

If you're all like me your characters are either:

a) an approximation of the guys or girls you'd like to bed (mine is)
b) an approximation of the guys or girls you'd like to look like

:D

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

katmai

Quote from: Grallon on November 08, 2009, 01:31:00 PM

Is there any healing other than through poultices and potions anyway?

You can recruit the NPC mage at Circle Tower, or make your main a mage and focus in healing spells :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son