News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kids send Marcus the Lamb to slaughter

Started by Martinus, September 17, 2009, 07:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: HVC on September 17, 2009, 01:12:05 PM
Quote from: swallow on September 17, 2009, 11:54:41 AM
Quote from: Brazen on September 17, 2009, 11:32:21 AM
Quote from: swallow on September 17, 2009, 11:20:17 AM
Well my view is that you build a strong adult by giving them security and supporting them as they try new experiences.  This strikes me as half baked, non-individual and quite bureaucratic.  Good for developing the strength of the one kid who voted against the herd though
Yeah, the same classroom democracy that ends up with teddy bears called Mohammed and teachers in jail.
That classroom democracy was for something that should have been nice - naming a Teddy Bear after one of the kids.  The problem with this is that it's putting children in the position of having to make decisions about killing something they've grown fond of.
they couldn't have been to fond of it if they voted to kill it :lol:
They are a lot like Lenny from Of Mice and Men. 
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: swallow on September 17, 2009, 11:20:17 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 17, 2009, 11:16:16 AM
Quote from: swallow on September 17, 2009, 11:14:21 AM
Agreed (as someone who experienced killing animals)  Let them have their childhood while they can. 

I guess I fail to see how learning about the world ruins people's childhood.  Kids can roll with the punches fairly easily but sheltered adults become disillusioned people.
Well my view is that you build a strong adult by giving them security and supporting them as they try new experiences.  This strikes me as half baked, non-individual and quite bureaucratic.  Good for developing the strength of the one kid who voted against the herd though
What's wrong with non-individual?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.