News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kids send Marcus the Lamb to slaughter

Started by Martinus, September 17, 2009, 07:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Brazen on September 17, 2009, 08:41:37 AM
We roasted a lamb over a campfire at a living history week. The lamb had been raised in a historical farm and  the farmer brought its father out to see it over the pit :D
Could the sheep, like, tell somehow?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 08:41:13 AM
NEVER AGAIN.  It look THREE HOURS to get there owing to the horrible traffic.  :mad:
It applies to Longhorn's too.  Rathole.

Last time I went to the Faire I paid 8 bucks for a leathery "Philly cheese steak" and three bucks for a coke.  Then it took 30 minutes to clear the parking lot.  NEVAH AGIN!
PDH!

Caliga

Oh, I don't go to Longhorn any more, now that I live in a town with a shitload of great steak joints.  :cool:

Maximus

Quote from: Tyr on September 17, 2009, 08:26:29 AM
Since when?
My uncle certainly doesn't name the animals on his farm (well...except the dogs).
If they're for commercial purposes no, but if you have a few animals for personal consumption they often end up getting names. It wasn't uncommon when I was a kid for Mom to put a roast on tha table and one of us kids to ask "are we eating Buster tonight?" It bothered Mom a lot more than the kids.  :lol:

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Brazen on September 17, 2009, 08:38:36 AM
They should have taught the kids how to butcher it to. In this time of mass unemployment, butchery skills are in great demand and butchers are highly paid.

Should they learn how to butcher live animals before or after their afternoon naps?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 08:46:03 AM
Oh, I don't go to Longhorn any more, now that I live in a town with a shitload of great steak joints.  :cool:
:(

Nearest decent place is in Merrimac and starts out at 30 bucks an entree.
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on September 17, 2009, 07:48:12 AM
This is kinda fucked up.
Animals are raised to be eaten sure, fine.
But...hand rearing just one, giving it a name, having it pretty much like a pet and then slaughtering it to be eaten.....iffy.

Oh.
And mutton>lamb anyway.
I find it fascinating that people can say stuff like this as "fact" and not even (apparently) realize that it is just something that they made up.  "Iffy" is the word for it.

There is no evidence that these kids considered this goat as anything but a future source of revenue.  They are, after all, running a "farm" and sending animals off to slaughter is what farms do.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

New Englanders suck at eating good food, which is probably why they're all so damn thin.  :(

I used to have an employee who was a native and he thought black pepper was "too spicy".  Guy was a thin as a rail!  :lol:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 08:57:49 AM
New Englanders suck at eating good food, which is probably why they're all so damn thin.  :(

I used to have an employee who was a native and he thought black pepper was "too spicy".  Guy was a thin as a rail!  :lol:
Sounds like my old coworker.  In the ten years I knew him he had the same thing for lunch every single day.  Two slices of supermarket brand white bread, a slice of American cheese (or the leftovers of a cheese and cracker plate if there was a party the previous weekend), a juice box, and two Netslie's Kisses.  Every day.  No soda.  Dinnners at his place were usually boiled frozen veggies, frozen corn, and maybe some 'stew' that had been sittin gin a crock pot on high since the previous night.
PDH!

Valmy

That is what we need to keep this nation thin!  Remove the non-New England the population and clone New Englanders and resettle all the other states.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on September 17, 2009, 09:02:28 AM

That is what we need to keep this nation thin!  Remove the non-New England the population and clone New Englanders and resettle all the other states.
We are a rude and standoffish people.  Would never work.
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on September 17, 2009, 09:02:28 AMThat is what we need to keep this nation thin!  Remove the non-New England the population and clone New Englanders and resettle all the other states.
Signing your own death warrant eh Val?  :)

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 09:04:53 AM
Signing your own death warrant eh Val?  :)

What can I say?  I look for creative solutions to our nation's problems.  I regret I have but one life to give to my country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Brazen

Quote from: Brazen on September 17, 2009, 08:38:36 AM
In other news, Reuters journalists suck. "Cull"? My fat thesaurus.
The more I think about this use of the word, the more it pisses me off. Not only is it totally incorrect, I judge that it's being used emotively due to its association with seal culling.

Cull: To heartlessly murder something fluffy.

Richard Hakluyt

I'm glad the kids voted to kill the methane-farting fluffball. A good contribution to preventing global warming by the youngsters  :cool: