News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kids send Marcus the Lamb to slaughter

Started by Martinus, September 17, 2009, 07:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on September 17, 2009, 07:31:55 AMGoats are often kept as pets, and as a source of wool. He was much more useful being slaughtered, as it meant they could get more animals, but there were other uses for him beyond just that.
I know you and I are not disagreeing on this issue, but I know of at least one case of people keeping animals as pets and then slaughtering them.  My dad used to have a live-in manager who kept a pigpen and he and his family considered the pigs as pets, but did slaughter them for pork.  So while I guess it might be unusual it's at least not completely alien.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 17, 2009, 08:00:59 AM
Quotethe school's council -- a 14-member group of children aged 6 to 11 -- voted 13-1 to have him killed.

That's very strange.  Hope they enjoy their kebabs.
First thought was that it was kind of Lord of the Flies. And they are English.  So it kinda fit.  But PETA is angry so that's a good thing.  YeaH!
PDH!

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on September 17, 2009, 07:53:19 AM
Yeah people have only been doing that for thousands of years.
Since when?
My uncle certainly doesn't name the animals on his farm (well...except the dogs).
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 17, 2009, 08:18:34 AMFirst thought was that it was kind of Lord of the Flies. And they are English.  So it kinda fit.  But PETA is angry so that's a good thing.  YeaH!
PETA is always angry about something or other, and if they can't find some new legit issue to froth about they go back to picking on KFC.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 08:27:26 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 17, 2009, 08:18:34 AMFirst thought was that it was kind of Lord of the Flies. And they are English.  So it kinda fit.  But PETA is angry so that's a good thing.  YeaH!
PETA is always angry about something or other, and if they can't find some new legit issue to froth about they go back to picking on KFC.
Should eat hamburgers in front of their HQ.
PDH!

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 08:27:26 AMPETA is always angry about something or other, and if they can't find some new legit issue to froth about they go back to picking on KFC.

That's fine with me, that usually involves a hot chick in a bikini locked up in a cage.  Dinner AND a show.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tyr on September 17, 2009, 08:26:29 AM
Since when?
My uncle certainly doesn't name the animals on his farm (well...except the dogs).

My uncle had a cow named Brisket.  :lol:   Guess what happened to him.

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 17, 2009, 08:31:12 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 17, 2009, 08:26:29 AM
Since when?

My uncle had a cow named Brisket.  :lol:   Guess what happened to him.

Delicious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

:lol: That's awesome.  If I had cows I'd name them BBQ, Delmonico, and Big Mac.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 08:35:27 AM
:lol: That's awesome.  If I had cows I'd name them BBQ, Delmonico, and Big Mac.

And a pig named  'McRib'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

Good for them. Part of the reason our diet's so shit in this country is no-one teaches kids where food comes from. Most of them won't eat meat and a lot of adults won't buy and cook it unless it's an anonymous, bloodless block of protein.

I remember seeing a pig carcass being delivered to a butcher as a kid. I ate nothing but bread and milk for a week, then sson realised it was just an burden of being top of the food chain and got over it.

They should have taught the kids how to butcher it to. In this time of mass unemployment, butchery skills are in great demand and butchers are highly paid.

In other news, Reuters journalists suck. "Cull"? My fat thesaurus.

Caliga

One time I went to the Topsfield State Fair and was in the livestock exhibit.  There was some USDA thing with a bunch of cows.  I walked up to the edge of the fence and said "I'll see you at Longhorn Steakhouse next Friday!"  to one of the steers. The guy running it overheard me and quitely asked me to not say stuff like that because it might 'upset people'.  Me = embarassed  :Embarrass:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 08:39:19 AM
One time I went to the Topsfield State Fair and was in the livestock exhibit.  There was some USDA thing with a bunch of cows.  I walked up to the edge of the fence and said "I'll see you at Longhorn Steakhouse next Friday!"  to one of the steers. The guy running it overheard me and quitely asked me to not say stuff like that because it might 'upset people'.  Me = embarassed  :Embarrass:
Your fault for going to that tourist trap!
PDH!

Caliga

NEVER AGAIN.  It look THREE HOURS to get there owing to the horrible traffic.  :mad:

Brazen

We roasted a lamb over a campfire at a living history week. The lamb had been raised in a historical farm and  the farmer brought its father out to see it over the pit :D